Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 Month data review request
RE: 1 Month data review request
I like what you have tried so far. I consider getting rid of OAs a priority. So, The fixed setting at 12 seems to be better than the auto setting. What you haven't tried is real straight 12. That is no lower setting for EPAP. The EPAP IPAP differential can cause CO2 "washout" which triggers periodic breathing and centrals. You might want to use a ramp setting if you have trouble with the single pressure.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Richb,

I am confused.

I thought my original setting was "real straight 12".
The machine was set at constant 12, I didn't use ramp and the machine had flex 1 because that was as low as the user function would let me set it.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your case it would mean turning off A-Flex to eliminate the pressure reduction on exhale. You can see at IPAP pressure of 12, your EPAP average is 10.4. So it appears you have your Flex setting on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the flex setting that you want to try doing without. The Flex setting gives you a lower exhale pressure. That is the differential you want to eliminate. It is worth a try.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
The DME had set the flex on. From the patient menus the lowest I could go was 1. I see now in the provider menus that I can turn flex completely off.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 1 85 03-16-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 923 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 116 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,633 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 696 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 902 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.