Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Legal liability for not using the CPAP machine
RE: Legal liability for not using the CPAP machine

Phil, Before giving up on your CPAP, you may wish to ask your doctor (preferably a cardiologist or pulmonologist) for an echocardiogram and about any signs of pulmonary hypertension.

"Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) has been identified as a significant cause of and/or contributor to cardiovascular disease. OSA has been shown to increase the risk for hypertension, pulmonary vascular disease, ischemic heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, and arrhythmias." Many of which are silent, progressive, and deadly.

Best of luck.
[/quote]

Thanks for the input.
This journey started as an investigation into several blackouts, normally about a year apart. After numerous tests that proved little and ended up with "not sure what is wrong, but here take this medication", the spectre of OSA raised it's ugly head.
In all honesty I am fed up with all of them, I have had enough, and will be returning to CPAP once my licence is returned, for legal reasons only, not that I have any faith at all in the treatment.

Oh, and the quacks are unable to agree between themselves if there is a connection between OSA and epilepsy, alleged epilepsy that should read.Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 13 226 Yesterday, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 4 165 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,451 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 345 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,252 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 255 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP machine fell on floor luigi28me 6 505 01-14-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.