Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is below 95% SPO2 for 90% of the time when sleeping bad?
Is below 95% SPO2 for 90% of the time when sleeping bad?
No CPAP mask, not been diagnosed sleep apnea - or anything. But is spending the majority of your sleep below 95% SPO2 bad?

Basal SpO2 is always 92-93% for 7-8 hours sleep.

Pretty sure I got deviated nasal septum, even my waking SPO2 isn't great (sub 95% a lot of the time - but also have seen it at 99%, so...)

No other medical conditions, age 35.

I am investigating chronic fatigue, pretty sure it is sleep related. Bloods are all fine.

I have been doing overnight pulse oximeters to arm myself for the doctor to make sure I don't get palmed off with sleep hygene/diet/exercise advice this time!! (not overweight)

Thanks for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is below 95% SPO2 for 90% of the time when sleeping bad?
During sleep, levels of 90% or more fall within the normal range. But if you are chronically tired, I warmly recommend getting a full polysomnigraphic sleep study. Even without significant desats, apnea can cause tiredness by disrupting sleep "architecture" -- the normal progression of sleep stages during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 what dormeo said ^^^
Post Reply Post Reply
I have appointment next month for doctor I will ask for that.

It drifts below 88% usually at least a few times a night, 13 times I've seen once.

But the lowest negative spike I've seen was 75% - which woke me up. I clocked the time in bed and in the morning when I checked the oximeter report and this was definitely what woke me up, it was the exact same time I seen on the clock in bed. So I guess that is at least one confirmed apnea?

Like you say, if it can disrupt the sleep stages I think could actually the main problem. Most of my line graph is really erratic, this seems to be my "awake" time, and only about 40% of it (at best) is flat and stable.

I have CPAP mask but is impossible to breath through due to nasal blockage.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you report is certainly suggesting of an apnea, but again, it is the PSG that will confirm for you what is going on. I'm very glad you'll be requesting one!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 208 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.