Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Auto: data not fully recorded?
ResMed S9 Auto: data not fully recorded?
Greetings all. New user, had a ResMed S9 Autoset for about 2 weeks. Finding lately that I can sleep through the night with the nose pillow mask.
Just started using Sleepyhead on my Mac to track events, etc. Followed excellent instructions on creating automatic full data backups of S9's limited 7 day dataset.

PROBLEM: it appears that the data cuts off roughly 3-4 AM, every night! This is indicated on the timestamp of the files off the SD card, as well (of course) in the Sleepyhead displays. Time/data is correct on the unit.

For example, timestamp on data last night ends at 3:50AM. But I slept until 5:40AM.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Auto: data not fully recorded?
Hi editingfx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use a mac but I don't use software but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Check to see what the time is on your machine. Sounds as if it is not the same as your location. The ResMed machines go from noon to noon as their "day". So if at your 3am, if it thinks it is noon, it will shift the rest of the night onto the next day.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2013, 10:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Check to see what the time is on your machine. Sounds as if it is not the same as your location. The ResMed machines go from noon to noon as their "day".

I've heard that many times. But is there a way to change this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, at the link in my message.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check to see that the start times are correct.

If you're taking the card out shortly after turning the machine off, try leaving the card in for an hour or so after waking up. There have been some suggestions that the machine may not always write the data out right after turning off.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
do have smartstart enabled but suppose an hour gap a bit too long not to notice the mask is off
Post Reply Post Reply
Look and see what time it said you went to bed. I am guessing it says you went to bed two hours before you actually did. So the whole clock is probably just two hours off but the data is all there. For example, how long did it say you slept in total? If that is right then the data is there.

(02-12-2013, 08:04 PM)editingfx Wrote: Greetings all. New user, had a ResMed S9 Autoset for about 2 weeks. Finding lately that I can sleep through the night with the nose pillow mask.
Just started using Sleepyhead on my Mac to track events, etc. Followed excellent instructions on creating automatic full data backups of S9's limited 7 day dataset.

PROBLEM: it appears that the data cuts off roughly 3-4 AM, every night! This is indicated on the timestamp of the files off the SD card, as well (of course) in the Sleepyhead displays. Time/data is correct on the unit.

For example, timestamp on data last night ends at 3:50AM. But I slept until 5:40AM.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 240 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 668 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 389 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 402 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.