Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it normal to have AHI 0 ?
Is it normal to have AHI 0 ?
I have had my cpap machine for 3 days. 2 of those days I have had 0 AHI . I'm dealing with high mask leakage (Mirage fx) and working on getting a FFM because I'm a mouth breather . Could that be why? I heard its not normal to have O AHI. Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it normal to have AHI 0 ?
Without any data to go by it's hard to tell. Possible yes. Likely no. Sounds like a leak problem but can't be sure. If you have a machine that can download data to sleepyhead software and post it you could get a better answer. Check out this link to help you get started.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 02:03 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Without any data to go by it's hard to tell. Possible yes. Likely no. Sounds like a leak problem but can't be sure. If you have a machine that can download data to sleepyhead software and post it you could get a better answer. Check out this link to help you get started.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Thank you for the reply ! I'm waiting on my Sd card (Apria removed it from my machine) so I can view Sleepyhead Data. I have tried everything I can think of to control the leak but its coming from my mouth lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can't be unheard of to have the occasional 0 - I had one event last night for a .1 AHI - but big leaks would theoretically reduce the effectiveness of your therapy and make it unlikely.  

What do I know, though, I'm just a new guy who can't link pics yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 0.0, abnormal - No. Unusual, Yes. More common for those on ASV machines..

Mouth breathing/leaking, Please start with reading the Mask Primer.

When you get the HD card we will be able to evaluate what is happening much better.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Unplug the machine from the wall. Unplug the cord from the back of the machine. Wait about a minute and reverse the process.

I know the S9s used to have a problem of reporting AHI of 0 for several days in a row. It was a hiccup. Un/re-plugging the machine "fixed" it.

Since you are brand spankin' new, and you have your machine set to wide open, and you have leaks, it being a true zero is not going to happen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 02:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Unplug the machine from the wall. Unplug the cord from the back of the machine. Wait about a minute and reverse the process.

I know the S9s used to have a problem of reporting AHI of 0 for several days in a row. It was a hiccup. Un/re-plugging the machine "fixed" it.

Since you are brand spankin' new, and you have your machine set to wide open, and you have leaks, it being a true zero is not going to happen.

Thank you for that info ! I will give it a try. I was confused as to why it showed 0 AHI with such high leakage . Maybe this will work .
Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on your particular circumstance. For a pure apnea patient, it's less common even if you've got your pressure, humidity etc., etc. all dialed in to optimal for you, but it is certainly possible and lots of users here report and celebrate them.

In my case, I'm considered to have a mild case of sleep apnea associated with UARS (upper airway resistive syndrome...basically, my body reacts too fast for the events to be full apnea events....I get the sleep disruptions, they just record differently). My sleep disruptions are about 9-10x what my recorded AHI is, so if I am getting down to 1-2 events per night, I'm down at a recorded AHI of 0.1-0.2. For me, 0.0 nights are far more common as a result.

A reset (unplug and plug back in as Paula02 suggested) is probably in order at this point in your treatment journey, but keep trying for those elusive 0.0 nights.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last few weeks I have been having 1 or 2 "0"  nights.

Latest one

[Image: GbETXsvl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Zero doesn't count when a leak crosses the red line. Flag is thrown. Replay the night.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 326 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 464 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 289 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,755 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 904 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 787 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 579 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.