Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it normal to not be able to tell if machine is on?
RE: Is it normal to not be able to tell if machine is on?
(04-13-2016, 09:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: You have a great autoset machine set at Cpap mode of 10. I suspect you will be able to get your AHI down if you switch to auto mode and set a range of 10 to 16 and see where it wants to go. Just my 3 cents. Dont-know

I tried 9 to 15 last night. It was a disaster from a sleep point of view, but the AHI came down to 3.5.

We live out on the country with two large dogs, a Lab and a Great Pyrenees. Both of them heard something in the woods last night and barked almost all night.

On top of that I could not get my F10 FFM to seal at the pressure the machine wanted - 14.2 or so. I woke constantly having to fiddle and adjust it. I went from very loose to very tight last night and it insisted on popping, hissing, and burping... Smile I was considering using duck tape.

So, tonight I will try again and see if I can find a way to get it to seal.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a NOT so fun night. Blink
Don't you wish someone would invent a mask made just to fit you and no one else?

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank,

You might try a P10 if your problems continue. It's really helped me.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 10:31 AM)sdb7802 Wrote: Frank,

You might try a P10 if your problems continue. It's really helped me.

I have a call into my DME to see if I can try a couple P10 and N10's. The F10 is very comfortable to me, but if I need to be around 15 on the pressure it doesn't look like i tis going to work.

I tried on a P10 at my titration study and it felt awkward breathing through it compared to the F10, so I took the F10. But, if I have become accustomed to the pressure so fast, I expect I can adjust to the Nasal Mask or Pillow also and it if lets me sleep on my side at pressure, then it will be work some effort adapting.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I give my FFM a little tug and when air rushes out, I know it's on. But I was amazed on my first night I didn't realize it was on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 212 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 420 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 254 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,695 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,190 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 726 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.