Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it on?
Is it on?
Just started using a Resmed S9 Elite. When it's ramping up, the light on the far left side of the unit is lit. If I wake up in the middle of the night, the light is off. The only light that is showing is from the antenna unit on the back of the machine. If it's not lit, does that mean it's not on and that the air i'm feeling is only from the humidifier? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it on?
Hi,

I believe there isn't any motor in the humidifier itself. It just looks like a feature for less distraction during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome harleymama, the good thing about the Resmeds are there are no lights on when you are tring to sleep so to answer your question it sould be Ok. I think the lights go off after a couple of minutes, you should be able to feel some air coming you of your mask, good luck with it and ask any questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi harleymama,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should feel air from your mask as you are using your machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, all is well. To prove this to yourself, turn on the machine then wait a few seconds. The light should go off in less than a minute. The air coming out of the mask is still the same (although if you use the ramp feature, it will of course slowly increase).

I LOVE this feature. My old S7 I had to keep covered with a towel because the light never went off.

The more you use the machine, the more you get used to it. There will come a point (and you may be there now) where you wake up and don't notice the air at all. That's a good thing!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.