Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it possible to feel more tired after using a bipap than before diagnosis?
RE: Is it possible to feel more tired after using a bipap than before diagnosis?
take heart... the chances are good you will feel gradually more rested for a little longer each day Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible to feel more tired after using a bipap than before diagnosis?
Slothy,
You are right in that you didn't get this overnight, and it takes longer for some to see and feel any improvement.

Don't give up, just try to keep a decent schedule of going to bed at the same time and getting as much rest as you need. If you take a nap during the day, be sure to use your CPAP.

You can download the free Sleepyhead software (see top of this page), and start looking at your therapy numbers. It may be something as simple as having to adjust your pressure settings.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or as simple (not) as fixing leaks.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
well, the nasal pillow I have fits pretty well as far as I can tell. The unadjustable straps and my big head make sure of that. lol The machine's leak detector shows nothing so far and I can't feel anything coming off of it other than the venting that's supposed to. This whole be patient thing just doesn't sit well with our "want it now" culture. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Slothy Wave , welcome to the best SA forum out there!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Slothy,

When I was using a nasal mask, I thought that i was getting no leaks and my machine seemed to think so too. When I got the software and reader and started looking at my data, I found that I was mouth leaking quite a bit and It was effecting my AHI. I recommend that you get Sleepyhead and a card reader if you do not have one and check it out. Sleepyhead is free and there is a li9nk at the top of each page to get it. USB SD card readers are cheap and very available.

Just some comments.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When the mask and hose are new they are such a bother to us that they can interfere with our ability to sleep well. Yes, they serve the purpose in that they allow us to breathe when we are asleep, but their presence may cut down on the amount of time we spend sleeping.

The good news is that we're human. Humans have a remarkable ability to adapt to new situations. So after awhile we get used to it and it doesn't bother us anymore.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 172 7 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 182 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.