Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it possible to have two machines on one Profile?
Is it possible to have two machines on one Profile?
I have three profiles in Oscar.

Each of the profiles has a machine serial number beneath the Profile Name.

Two of the three profiles have the same serial number under them, and for whatever reason, I must have created the second profile using the same machine ... maybe I had to change the card, and this caused Oscar to want to create a new profile I don't remember why I have two profiles for the same machine.

One of the profiles for that serial number machine has data from July 23, 2019, to January 14, 2020, and the other profile for that machine has data from July 2, 2022, to January 23, 2023 (when the machine failed).

The failed machine associated with that serial number was replaced with a new AirCurve 10 Autoset.

If I put the SD Card from the new machine in my computer running Oscar, will it prompt me to create a new Profile or allow me to add it to one of the existing Profiles?

If it were to allow me to add this new machine to one of my existing profiles would I still be able to access the data from the old machine that is in that profile if I want to, or would it be better to create a new Profile for this new machine?

As in:
Profile Name/ResMed_23192100631
Profile Name/ResMed_New Serial Number

Attached Files
.pdf   Latest Summary from old machine.pdf (Size: 251.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible to have two machines on one Profile?
You can have more than one machine's data in same profile. The last data entered will show that device's serial number. To see the different machines in the profile, look at the bottom of the Statistics page.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2023, 09:15 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can have more than one machine's data in same profile. The last data entered will show that device's serial number. To see the different machines in the profile, look at the bottom of the Statistics page.

- Red

Thanks, Crimson Nape!

So to be sure I understand, if I look at the bottom of the Statistics page for that Profile Name, I will see both machines in that profile.

Aside from that, if I look at the Daily Page for that Profile it will show the data from the machine used that day, so if I were to use the Date field at the top of the Day Display and move the date back to a date before I started using the new machine, I would see the data from the selected date from the old machine along with the serial number of the old machine that produced the data displayed for that date?

I'm attaching the Daily data from January 23, 2023 ... the last day I used my old machine. While my AHI is only 1.06 there are no Obstructive Apneas, and the whole 1.06 is composed of Clear Airway Apneas 0.93 and Unclassified Apneas 0.13.

Is Clear Airway Apneas another name for Central Apneas, and should I be concerned about this?

Attached Files
.pdf   Oscar Data from January 23 2023.pdf (Size: 339.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
Post Reply Post Reply
A related question ... I have been using my old AirSense 10 AutoSet machine for the last 3 weeks from when my AirCurve 10 VAuto became unusable due to the loud noise until my replacement machine appeared, and if I wanted to view the data in Oscar from the last 3 weeks from that machine, should I start Oscar and select the Profile associated with that machine and then insert its SD Card or will Oscar automatically recognize what machine the SD Card is associated with and add that data to the Profile associated with that machine?

As far as my new machine, I'm guessing that if I just insert its SD Card which Oscar has never seen it will prompt me to create a new Profile, but if I want to add it to one of the existing profiles, perhaps I should open that Profile and then insert the new SD Card?

Thanks for your continued help!
Post Reply Post Reply
A serial number is an element of a profile, and not tied to a specific profile only. The same serial number can be in multiple profiles. A particular device's data will only be added to the profile that is open, and not any others.

I recommend that you go stomping around in OSCAR to better understand what is displays and what you can do within it. You can always get it back to its default settings.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape.

I spent some time experimenting with Oscar and did learn a lot.
Unfortunately when I imported the data from the SD Card from my old
AirSense 10 Autoset machine that I used from January 23, 2013 to
February 8, 2013, ONLY the data from those days is viewable in the
Daily VIew of Oscar.

The Statistics view does show 566 days of use between Dec. 12, 2017, and
February 8, 2023, but after the import from the SD Card in the Daily View and Overview area only dates between January 23, 2022, and February 8, 2023, are available.

I did try to Rebuild the Data (and after seeing the warning about losing data if Backups were disabled I checked and that profile did have a Backup Folder with some data in it.

Could it be that the old data was not restorable because it was created with an old version of Oscar or because there were no backups in the 2022 year, only 2018-2021 + 2023? (See attachment)

So there is no way to restore the old data at this point right?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 108 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,759 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 612 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 516 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 540 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.