Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Vertigo
RE: Vertigo
Super! I hope the improvement continues!
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote here for the Epley maneuver if the vertigo is positional. I had three nasty bouts in a row, each resolved by Epley, but then followed by severe residual dizziness. Even after that abated, I still had a lot of balance problems. I benefited tremendously from specialized physical therapy addressed at getting the brain and the peripheral balance systems to work properly together.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 09:26 PM)Dormeo Wrote:   I benefited tremendously from specialized physical therapy addressed at getting the brain and the peripheral balance systems to work properly together.

Absolutely!  I got the same benefits from the specialized therapy.  There are Dr's and PT's that specialize in Balance Disorders (including vertigo) and it's amazing what a difference it can make.  They essentially get you to use your other senses to compensate for the loss of balance.  The greatest help for me was learning what I was doing to trigger an episode, then how to stop it before it got out of control.  In the beginning I was taking medication to control it but after the therapy I didn't need it anymore.  Was a great relief!  Even now, decades later, if I start getting the feeling again I can still keep it under control.

Funny how some little things inside your ear have enough power to drop you to your knees and hold onto something for dear life!  The human body is truly amazing!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 08:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Do you keep a journal? You should consider it during this investigative period. That way the days don't get mixed up. Yeah, the data will tell you when you made the changes but has no clue how you FEEL and what you did that day.

Yes, I do keep records but unfortunately I was not tracking the right things. 

But, I do remember on numerous mornings my eyes were a bit jumpy and I just dismissed it as not being fully awake. June 1st I dropped the EPR (3 to 2) and every morning has been noticeably better. 

My AHI has gone down, my 95% pressure is lower and I slept better. 

I can’t say for sure if it will solve the vertigo problem but I know the improvement is enough to say EPR is not just a comfort setting.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Experienced Vertigo The Morning After? Dick55 11 1,487 05-02-2022, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ellenos
  Vertigo/CPAP Pressure Update- CPAP causing inner ear problems SuperSleeper 73 96,166 03-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: bfclansing
  ear and vertigo problems with cpap? mattm1 7 4,496 02-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: fgiagiari
  Cpap and vertigo rich2905 14 4,484 10-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Beej

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.