Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it possible to use Regular SD card Reader?
Question 
Is it possible to use Regular SD card Reader?
Is it possible to use a regular SD card reader on the PC to read the data on the card? or do I have to buy the card reader from ResMed?Thinking-about
Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible to use Regular SD card Reader?
Any SD reader will work, even the cheap USB adapters. If you have Windows 8.1 be sure to lock the card to prevent files from being written. It doesn't seem to bother the Philips units, but the Resmeds don't like the index files.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 08:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Any SD reader will work, even the cheap USB adapters. If you have Windows 8.1 be sure to lock the card to prevent files from being written. It doesn't seem to bother the Philips units, but the Resmeds don't like the index files.

Ok thanks, Will try it out...

I just hope it does not screw the card....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi User360,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be fine. I have a cheap USB powered SD card reader reading a ResMed data card and all is well. Be sure to write protect it by sliding the lock on the side down as Sleeprider sagely advised.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, tried it out today and all is fine. Thanks for your help!...
Post Reply Post Reply
As this is one of the machines I am considering, wondering if you have to buy the ResMed SD card, or can any SD card with a lock switch on side work? Also on their ResMed SD cards, what is the capacity? 2GB, 4GB, etc?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no reason to buy a Resmed SD card any more than you should buy Honda brand motor oil. Sure it's good, but it's the same product that you can get for half the price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed have a web page where they claim that only their SD cards can be used safely, that the machine was approved only with these cards and that using another card may cause the sky to fall and your home to burn down, or something like that.

I tried two of their cards and they both failed within a month. So I simply started using one of the micro-SD cards I had to hand with an adaptor (they all come with adaptors as far as I can tell) and never had any problems. Now I am using a WIFI enabled SD card and FlashPap free software so I can read the data over WIFI every morning and the card never leaves the machine.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 03:22 PM)User360 Wrote: Ok thanks, Will try it out...

I just hope it does not screw the card....

Just be careful ejecting and inserting the SD card in your machine. I've seen a couple of stories where the circuit board has broken.

(08-29-2015, 12:01 PM)cate1898 Wrote: As this is one of the machines I am considering, wondering if you have to buy the ResMed SD card, or can any SD card with a lock switch on side work? Also on their ResMed SD cards, what is the capacity? 2GB, 4GB, etc?

I don't know about the ResMed SD card, but the one that came with my PRS1 is a PNY 2GB. You shouldn't need anything to big for these.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Haven't tried to sleep with it but regular breathing while awake is nice too. erouting 2 524 08-23-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: erouting
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,629 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader jewelsav 13 3,586 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: gaharv00
  Found regular CPAP therapy more comfortable: Phaleronic 0 580 02-12-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 22 7,327 09-15-2021, 01:59 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Felt amazing on first night of therapy, but regular after that NoddingHacker 1 536 07-15-2021, 01:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.