Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it time for a new nasal pillow?
Is it time for a new nasal pillow?
When is it time to replace my Nuance nasal pillow? I've had 24 nights of use and this is my leak rate for the past 10 days:

Leak rate (95%) (Is this the right metric?)

Is it time to start using a new one? (I'm sticking with Nuance, btw)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it time for a new nasal pillow?
check with your insurance company; I can tell you medicare allows pillows and nasal masks to have 2 cushions/pillows per month if I am not mistaken. Your insurance company may go by the medicare guidelines or they may have their own policies in place so it is best for you to check with them. If you don't have insurance then you can buy them as you wish. Personally, I change my nasal mask cushion 2 times per month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with me50; it is best to replace the nasal pillows twice a month. Every piece of the CPAP equipment is important, and the nasal pillows, being so soft and flexible, are especially vulnerable to "aging" with nightly use.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Of all the nasal pillows I have used, the Nuance lasts the shortest amount of time. I think it is because they are so small. There's less room for give and take. I love the mask and won't switch to another pillow mask, though.

Mine are way way overdue. The leak rate is acceptable but it is noisy. I hate hearing myself breathe.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.