Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it time to replace cushion on the mask
Is it time to replace cushion on the mask
How long should one go before they replace the cushion on their mask. I replaced mine back in July 2015 and was wondering how does one know when it should be replaced

Also who has the best deals for these

Looking forward to reading your replys
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it time to replace cushion on the mask
just ordered headgear and cushion from supplier 10 and the cushion sleeves from supplier 13.

Prices from supplier 10 were far cheaper than others, even after adding on shipping costs
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't replace mine until the edges begin to crack. I think some folks wind up discarding perfectly good cushions just because. Medicare keeps sending them to me based on their fixed replacement schedule, and I'll soon need another room in my house to store them all. I just love the Gov.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare allows me to replace my mask cushion once a month. I find that by then the silicone rubber is cloudy-looking, no longer clear; and the material gets soft and doesn't seal as well as when new. A better-performing mask cushion doesn't require the headgear to be as tight, which is better for comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2016, 07:04 PM)worthog Wrote: How long should one go before they replace the cushion on their mask. I replaced mine back in July 2015 and was wondering how does one know when it should be replaced

Also who has the best deals for these

Looking forward to reading your replys
Good question, cushion doesn't feel comfortable and leak number start creeping up is an indication
I haven't replaced mine for a long time, a year or maybe a bit longer
Like you, I get most of my supplies from Supplier #10 and have enough of them to last for few more years
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2016, 09:05 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I don't replace mine until the edges begin to crack. I think some folks wind up discarding perfectly good cushions just because. Medicare keeps sending them to me based on their fixed replacement schedule, and I'll soon need another room in my house to store them all. I just love the Gov.

Medicare does not send any equipment to anyone. The DME just follows the Medicare schedule. Please refrain from giving out false information.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2016, 08:37 PM)Mike1953 Wrote:
(11-26-2016, 09:05 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I don't replace mine until the edges begin to crack. I think some folks wind up discarding perfectly good cushions just because. Medicare keeps sending them to me based on their fixed replacement schedule, and I'll soon need another room in my house to store them all. I just love the Gov.

Medicare does not send any equipment to anyone. The DME just follows the Medicare schedule. Please refrain from giving out false information.
I'm pretty sure most people on here know that Medicare isn't a DME.
So just to clear it up, my DME actually puts the stamp on the package and sends it to me. Medicare pays.
Happy now?

Post Reply Post Reply
Still using my Wisp cushion since June 2016 thereabouts. Minimal leaks. Haven't boiled this one yet.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Monthly for me however I sometimes go over a month and when my AHI starts to go up I replace the cushion. With the new cushion my leaks and AHI return to normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Replace when it becomes uncomfortable, cloudy or leaks increase. There's great variation since everybody has different noses, skin oils/acids, and fit. My pillow lasts about a month, one side collapses, then I boil for 5 minutes and they last another 3 weeks. After that, the leaks increase and I toss.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,427 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.