Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it used?
Is it used?
Hi I'm new to this board but not to Cpap. this is my second machine. I have a Res Med s9 Autoset for 4 nights now. I couldn't help but notice that the screen every night has the wrong usage hours. Last night I used the machine 7 hrs screen has 3.4 hrs so I checked the date and time and found the date to be Jan 2008. When I went to the medical supplier (don't want to mention name but it's a big one) to pick up machine the s9 was not in a box but the humidifier was. I'm starting to think maybe this is a refurbished unit. What do I do? My insurance is paying for it.
Thanks
Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it used?
Hi Oscar, welcome to the board

Check run hours ... run hours cannot be reset or erased
Run hours total numbers of hours machine used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier

check the details here ... S9 setup
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, make sure your CPAP has the correct date and time set. ResMed S9 units start a "new day" at 12 noon, so if the time is off, the prior night's usage hours will be off as well.

See this Apnea Board Wiki article on setting date and time on CPAPs:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Run hours reads 30 hrs and used hours 27.3. I guess someone had this on for a couple of hours. Why I have no idea. What puzzles me is the date 2008. BTW the firmware SW is sx474 0905 which sounds like the its up to date. I don't want to accuse them of doing anything underhanded if they didn't. But that date still bothers me.
Thanks
Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi oscar52,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It could just be the factory default setting and the supplier never changed it.

Did you check the time to make sure it is set the same as yours?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Time is 3 hrs behind. Spoke to DME today. He said he couldn't access my data from the cell transmitter they had me put on the back of the box. I fixed that just now. Hopefully he will be able to get my data tomorrow. He seemed surprised that I knew how to access data (date time etc). I'm afraid to change any of the settings including the date and time for fear of noncompliance. Anyway, thanks for the replies and help.
Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, best not until you have the compliance thing done.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2013, 07:22 PM)oscar52 Wrote: He seemed surprised that I knew how to access data (date time etc).

Yes, that surprises me, too. I guess they think we're all stupid and wouldn't even be able to plug the machine into an outlet without their assistance.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duh....!
Setting your own time clock should be the order of the day.
If they bust your chops for wanting to be take charge of your own therapy then damn them!
If they get uppity with you then threaten to change DME's. That should sober them up.

Good luck with those critters!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.