Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it used?
RE: Is it used?
(04-07-2013, 08:19 AM)oscar52 Wrote: Run hours reads 30 hrs and used hours 27.3. I guess someone had this on for a couple of hours. Why I have no idea. What puzzles me is the date 2008.... But that date still bothers me.

Hi oscar52, welcome to the forum.

Your machine was definitely new when you received it.

No need to be concerned about the 2008 date in your machine. This is the default date which should have been set to correct date and time by the DME provider who delivered you the machine.

The difference between run hours and used hours is that warm up and cool down times are included in run hours. So no one had the machine turned on "a couple hours" before you did.

I encourage you to monitor your data at least weekly using ResScan or SleepyHead, to work on reducing unintentional leaks, keeping an eye on the length of your apnea events and the breakdown of Central Apnea Index versus Obstructive Apnea Index. But keep in mind that it is not unusual for some apneas to occur just before drifting off to sleep, and the apnea events which occur before you are asleep or after you awake can be legitimately discounted/subtracted from your AHI.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.