Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

the gas wasn't so bad!
the gas wasn't so bad!
Alright after much encouragement from my last thread, I tuned things down during a couple naps, then slept a whole night(8.2 hours) last night with the max set to 8.

Only the very mild gas this morning! My head feels 95% normal too.

The AHI was not as good of course, at 11. That still sound a far cry better than my 55 untreated. If I can build up a tolerance and creep the top pressure back up, I might be in business here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: the gas wasn't so bad!
(05-13-2016, 10:33 AM)plaidwandering Wrote: Alright after much encouragement from my last thread, I tuned things down during a couple naps, then slept a whole night(8.2 hours) last night with the max set to 8.

The AHI was not as good of course, at 11. That still sound a far cry better than my 55 untreated. If I can build up a tolerance and creep the top pressure back up, I might be in business here.

I think that's a good strategy. 11 is for sure away better than 55. Instead of strangling yourself once a minute you are strangling yourself once every five minutes or so. Also you may be having hypopneas as opposed to actual apneas or the apneas may be shorter.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: the gas wasn't so bad!
That's terrific news, pw. I mentioned in your previous thread that I started at 7.0 cm and felt like it was lots of pressure. After about 3 weeks, I got used to it. At that point, I started increasing my pressure slowly (0.5 cm changes) to try to improve my AHI and other numbers.

I didn't have to wait 3 weeks between each pressure increase - I seemed to adjust after just 4-5 days each time.

Not saying that's what it will be like for you, just that I think the initial adjustment to breathing with the pressure is the most difficult one.

I'm glad you found the right setting to keep the aerophagia to a minimum and to let you sleep.

(05-13-2016, 10:33 AM)plaidwandering Wrote: Alright after much encouragement from my last thread, I tuned things down during a couple naps, then slept a whole night(8.2 hours) last night with the max set to 8.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If it wasn't for bad luck......... Big Guy 7 1,277 07-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  So comfy, I thought it wasn't working Hydrangea 18 3,370 01-20-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: ppca
  CPAP wasn't working - Found solution napnaptime 7 2,614 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Grin I made it 4:31 hrs last night and it WASN'T miserable! allynpsych 9 2,351 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rjhoeper
  If I wasn't convinced before.... DariaVader 4 2,303 12-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Gross Gak! That wasn't a fun night... PsychoMike 3 1,837 09-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Terry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.