Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my APAP having issues?
Is my APAP having issues?
Dear all,
I have been on CPAP for the last 8 months and i seem to have good results AHI between 0.5 and 2. Which in theory is great

And that’s the reason why the next question might seem strange:

Is it possible that the machine has a problem and is not measuring it properly? 
For some time i have felt waking up refreshed as before. I guess with this AHI i should feel great!
In parallel, i feel the pressure in my nose not so strong when i use it (athough i did not change the pressure as before)

Do you think my mind is playing tricks on me? Or it could be an issue with the machine?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my APAP having issues?
Mind games... I went through similar feelings.

And at one stage I was genuinely starving for air, so I bumped my pressure up, which then felt like a cyclone for a little while.. but now I don't feel it as more than a gentle breeze (so to speak)

My theory is that our bodies find the air flow to be foreign at first, and then adapt to the pressure and settle in to a rhythm that it finds comfortable.
It makes logical sense to me, particularly given I felt the same sensation of cyclone blowing up my nose when I first started CPAP, and again when I bumped the pressure up.. and then settled in to being comfortable with it again.

But the experts with far more knowledge than I will give you better feedback.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 214 6 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 372 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.