Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my Dreamstation malfunctioning?
RE: Is my Dreamstation malfunctioning?
i am new to being on CPAP, and have been on my DreamStation for 2.5 months. all my readings are 100%, even when i get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, and i don't shut the machine off to test it. i am curious if someone has an answer
Post Reply Post Reply
If your looking at machine readout, sleepmapper app its showing percent of night in large leak. If your not above ll for 1% of the night at least itll read 0.
And mask fit will show perfect.

sleepyhead will show you actual leak rates etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
sleepyhead does not work with dreamstationas far as i know. i am using the respironics online app. (which sucks, not enough info), and all it shows is 100% mask fit. i have not looked at the info on the machine. the compliance person called, and that is the same info that they receive. they could not answer the question. thank you, ghost. i will look see at the machine, and see what is shows.
Post Reply Post Reply
An add on to what you are saying, Having less than 100% mask fit are probably levels where DreamStation is not able to maintain the pressure as set and thus you loose protection. Being a side sleeper, I get less than 100% mask fit sometimes and typically AHI goes up on those sleeps.

(03-21-2016, 07:48 PM)pupcamper Wrote: What DreamMapper is showing is "mask fit" and not the actual leak rate so comparing DreamMapper mask fit data to SleepyHead leak data is apples to oranges. 100% mask fit is anything below Philips Respironics large leak threshold. It is my understanding that the threshold is 75 liters per minute. That includes intentional (i.e. mask venting) and unintentional leaks.

Having said that, I'm not that sure how rare 100% mask fit is. I'm on thirteen days, and counting, showing 100% mask fit on my DreamMapper app, which translates to SleepyHead showing all of those nights as below 75 lpm. I would agree that nights with zero leaks would be quite rare. Nights with 100% mask fit are quite attainable with the right mask and properly tensioned head gear.

Anything under the 75 lpm threshold is considered small leaks. The RT who did my sleep study and titration was a middle aged man who has been an RT for years and has used a cpap for 15 years. When we were fitting maskshe told me if he could only give me one piece of advice it would be "don't sweat the small leaks".

Post Reply Post Reply
You will never see 0 leaks on a pr machine. It shows total leaks so you will always see at min the mask vent
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 01:44 AM)keys Wrote: sleepyhead does not work with dreamstationas far as i know. i am using the respironics online app. (which sucks, not enough info), and all it shows is 100% mask fit. i have not looked at the info on the machine. the compliance person called, and that is the same info that they receive. they could not answer the question. thank you, ghost. i will look see at the machine, and see what is shows.

I think thst therr is versiin of sleeepyhead that wotks with Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
The beta version of SleeyHead that works with DreamStation was pulled when Mark had trouble with the license. As far as I know it has not been made available again. Right now the only option is EncorePro.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2016, 02:28 AM)hs8738 Wrote: Then Dream Mapper must be showing only the large leaks.
Funny thing is that 3 people in this thread have experienced 100% mask fit and Philips Dream Mapper site states that 100% mask fit is rare.
My guess is that PR wants to reassure people who see a lot of Mask Fit numbers in the 90-99% range that they do not need to obsess about trying to eliminate that last little bit of "large leaks". In other words, PR is trying to convey to people who might have one 10 minute long Large Leak due to mouth breathing to not worry about twisting themselves into knots trying to eliminate a tiny bit of mouth breathing that is not significant in the long run.

Quote:Thank you for sharing your info. Can you tell me how you can input your data to Sleepy Head? I had known that Sleepy Head does not support Dream Station.
SH 1.0-beta does work with the DreamStations. And for a short while it was available on the SH download site as a "snapshot". JediMark had to deal with some licensing issues in the last week or so and so the SH 1.0-beta links have been (temporarily) taken down. I believe that JediMark intends to make the 1.0 snapshots available again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, you can go into the private area of this forum when you are logged in as a registered user and find a post telling you how to request a download link for EncorePro, which will work with the DreamStations. EncorePro is a pain in the tuckus, but if you really want to see a leak line before SH 1.0-beta is again available, you can see them in the EncorePro Detailed Data reports.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 02:51 PM)robysue Wrote: EncorePro is a pain in the tuckus, ...

Oh wow! I thought the pain in my tuckus was that I had the mask on wrong!

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 02:51 PM)robysue Wrote: ....EncorePro is a pain in the tuckus....

Exactly why I don't use it anymore, unless I have too.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,304 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Machine malfunctioning? m44kohler 6 1,308 03-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Help with Malfunctioning Sleepyhead Graph bonesmurones 4 1,538 06-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Please Help [My S9 is malfunctioning] jasonarmstrong 17 2,694 04-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: jasonarmstrong
  Is my S9 Autoset Malfunctioning? Taxman Derek 3 3,191 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.