Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my Flow Rate Normal?
Is my Flow Rate Normal?
Hey guys. I was diagnosed with UARS and Mild Sleep Apnea via Watchpat.

Overall (AHI 7, RDI 14) 
REM (AHI 12.6 RDI 26.2)

I just recently bought myself a Resmed AirCurve S Bipap and I'm trying to analyze my data in Oscar for the first time. I started with an IPAP of 9 and an EPAP of 4. I woke up today feeling absolutely horrible.

Is there anything that seems odd or off about my oscar data? My flow rate doesn't look super weird to me but maybe you guys might understand something I don't? My inspiratory rate is around 1 second on average and my expiratory rate is at around 2.5 seconds on average.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my Flow Rate Normal?
I just learned how to adjust the Y-AXIS on the flow rate channel. Here's another picture that looks a little more detailed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It all depends on other chart characteristics
Post Reply Post Reply
What characteristics are those?
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post a screen shot of the Daily page. You can make a screen capture by pressing the F12 key or selecting menu item View/Take Screenshot. Have the entire day selected (100% zoom), not zoomed in on a small part of the graphs. The screen shot will allow others to see an overview of your data, which they need to evaluate how the CPAP is working for you.

Coming to any conclusion without an overall picture is like trying to diagnose a person with a broken leg bone by looking just at their eyebrow.

I am not an expert on analyzing flow graphs, but the shape of yours looks typical to me. It's only 3 minutes out of the entire night, so I would not draw any conclusions from that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2021, 08:55 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Please post a screen shot of the Daily page. You can make a screen capture by pressing the F12 key or selecting menu item View/Take Screenshot.  Have the entire day selected (100% zoom), not zoomed in on a small part of the graphs. The screen shot will allow others to see an overview of your data, which they need to evaluate how the CPAP is working for you.

Coming to any conclusion without an overall picture is like trying to diagnose a person with a broken leg bone by looking just at their eyebrow.

I am not an expert on analyzing flow graphs, but the shape of yours looks typical to me.  It's only 3 minutes out of the entire night, so I would not draw any conclusions from that.

Thanks!I’ll repost soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
That other characteristics.
Why we need to see the entire daily chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 75 4 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,541 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 5 187 Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 964 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 843 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 458 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.