Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
I noticed that my AHI values appear to range from 0.23 to over 13,  I thought the ASV is to keep you breathing!

When I look at the sleepy head data, it appears that at times I stop breathing ( See attached screen shot.) The chart shows I stopped at 7:59:10 and did not start up again until 8:00:05. Why did the machine not start me going again? The screen shot is from last night, and today I had to take a nap at 1:00pm

I will be seeing a new sleep doctor, Is there something I should look into on the settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
Based on this example, I don't think things are too bad. I'd like to see mode ASVauto with EPAP min 5.0 PS 2.0 to 12.0, IPAP max 19. That is nearly the same except for a more supportive EPAPmin. the objective here is mainly to limit hypopnea. We only have the one chart, but that's where I would go for the moment without better information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: The chart shows I stopped at 7:59:10 and did not start up again until 8:00:05. Why did the machine not start me going again?

You can see on the mask pressure graph that the machine is trying to get your breathing going. However, there's not enough top end to overcome the apnea. Your machine is maxing out at IPAP = 19.0 on several occasions. While I agree with SleepRider that the min EPAP needs to be raised, I would also increase EPAP max to 10.0, PS max to 15.0 and IPAP max to 25.0. You need to give the machine the capability to overcome those long-lasting apnea events.

Note that that Resmed literature recommends that PS max should always be set at 15. While I think that's excessive in most cases, with results like your I think you should give it a go.
Post Reply Post Reply
agree with get your max epap and max ps being opened up, to give the machine room to move. You have been on it long enough to get use to the pressure rises. The algorithm is a lot cleverer than I am. I would just follow what was said about raising the epap to 5 ..see the results, if there are still ua/h, raise it to 6..etc. Your breath rate and tidal volume are fine, so I haven't a min ps recommendation, use PS2 as suggested and see how it feels for breathing out comfort. After the machine has been used for a few nights, it would be interesting to see the charts, to see how it is progressing.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I will make these changes and see how things go
Post Reply Post Reply
That Avatar cracks me up!   Too-funny

It's brilliant.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
As starting levels for an ASV titration, the ResMed guide suggests the defaults of:

Min EPAP: 4

Max EPAP: 15
Min PS: 3
Max PS: 15
Ramp: Off

Page 31 here: https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

For any obstructive events such as hypopneas, obstructive apneas or RERAs, the guide states to increase the min EPAP until they are eliminated.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, Matt for the information. I tried the setting (I think) that sleeprider suggested ( see screenshot), but the pressure is too much. the mask would leak when the pressure went up. No matter how tight I made the mask, it leaked, and would wake me up. I have to reduce some number. I see that the machine did make my flow rate continue. So It looks like I just need to 'tweek' until I get the best results.

Also thanks for the link to the manual, I will do some reading.

And BTW, I picked to Avatar as my wife said that's how I look first thing in the morning, after removing my mask, and before my coffee Coffee  Plus the air causes me to pass gas first thing in the morning, thus the old fart name. Some wake to a Rooster crowing, she wakes to me blowing.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a $10 foam collar yet, your max IPAP pressure seems to be around 24 when the obstructive hypopnea happened. 24 was also insufficient to give good flow rate. I would rule out an air passage positional obstruction.

I see you have min ps 5, I'd keep the min ps on 5 and max 15, swapping around too much will only mess the chart average, when adjusting epap. I would lift the min epap to 6, the median epap was 7, but I think you were having a rough night and higher than your first chart. You may need more min later. I'd clean up the obstructive and then look. That chart was too rough with the 900 median TV, to say much else, It needs it to settle down more. I don't know why the min ps5 drops off during a hypopnea and it goes down to epap only, yet the mask pressure shows a min ps5?? I would clear up the obstructive stuff first, before I moved on.

The leaks were probably uncomfortable and woken you up. I don't think they weren't too high, to discard the chart completely
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 09:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on this example, I don't think things are too bad.  I'd like to see mode ASVauto with EPAP min 5.0 PS 2.0 to 12.0, IPAP max 19. That is nearly the same except for a more supportive EPAPmin.  the objective here is mainly to limit hypopnea.  We only have the one chart, but that's where I would go for the moment without better information.

(01-25-2018, 08:11 PM)oldfart59 Wrote: thanks, Matt for the information. I tried the setting (I think) that sleeprider suggested ( see screenshot), but the pressure is too much. the mask would leak when the pressure went up. No matter how tight I made the mask, it leaked, and would wake me up. I have to reduce some number. I see that the machine did make my flow rate continue. So It looks like I just need to 'tweek' until I get the best results.

Also thanks for the link to the manual, I will do some reading.

And BTW, I picked to Avatar as my wife said that's how I look first thing in the morning, after removing my mask, and before my coffee Coffee  Plus the air causes me to pass gas first thing in the morning, thus the old fart name. Some wake to a Rooster crowing, she wakes to me blowing.  Dont-know

My suggestion was EPAP min 5.0, PS min 2.0, PS max 12.0 and IPAP max 19.
Some how that became EPAP min 5.0, PS min 5.0, PS max 15.0 and IPAP max 25...That did NOT come from me.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4208]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 130 2 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.