Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
RE: Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
No one said ps5, I was ok with ps2, as it seems was deepbreathing. It was a choice made by oldfart. I don't think a ps 2 or 5 would have changed the chart. the median ps was 9 and 95% PS was 10

I suggested to lift the max pressures out of the way, to let the machine work. This has shown that there may be other factors, because a max IPAP of 24 didn't prevent a H, nor provide enough flow rate. To me it may be a chin tuck or similar positional obstruction. You are good at this stuff sleeprider. Increasing pressure isn't going to resolve this and it should be fixed first. I would then clear the obstructive stuff, then do the CA stuff with the max PS, it may need more than the 12 or the default 15.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 working correctly?
Looks like I miss understood the terminology.  That's why I said I think I was setting the values as per sleepriders instructions. Either way, I decided to go back to the original setting, as I also started waking with pain from bloating. Between the stomach pains and the mask leaks / waking many times during the night, along with no real improvements with the AHI number, I decided to  go back, perhaps those changes were too dramatic of a jump. I would rather not wake during the night and have no bloating discomfort in the morning. 

Again, thanks all for the advice, I will continue to ask questions as I learn more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 5 124 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 66 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,288 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,227 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.