Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my S9 Autoset Malfunctioning?
Is my S9 Autoset Malfunctioning?
I have been struggling for a few nights with poor mask fit, so I'm wondering if this is related.

For the past three nights, my total usage number has been less than it should have been. Today, I downloaded my data and found that my machine recorded 11 mask events last night, even though I did not once get out of bed or turn the machine off. There should be one event for 8 hours and 1 minute, and instead it shows 11 and only 4 hours and 59 minutes of being on.

Could it be treating all the times I adjusted my mask as event, and if so, any thoughts on why are there three hours of lost time?

[attachment=431]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my S9 Autoset Malfunctioning?
Hi Taxman Derek
Are you using SmartStart feature? if not, unplug, wait few minutes and plug, rebooting helps reset the machine
Does gaps also shows on detailed graph? I've not read that the S9 stop when detect high leak rates (some machines do and have leak alarm when leak reach at ceratin point) just ResMed saying their machine can compensate for leak at 24 L/min and high leak rates compromise therapy and affect accuracy of the data

As for leaks, its not surprising at your pressure 19, I would have a problem using Quattro with pressure above 10.
Have you tried nasal mask? for most people mouth breathing is a habit than anything else

You can benefit setting the machine on autoset mode, in this mode, the machine adjust pressure breath by breath as needed and might not touch 19 most part of the night or even not at all. Lower pressure means better mask fit and better mask fit means better therapy

ResMed Quattro: Overview and Fitting Video (video #10 - 14.12 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the information guide, the S9 display a message "High leak, please check system setup and all connections" when excessive leak detected (page 4) http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
You are probably having leaks around your mask at that time.

Look at your data for big leaks.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 199 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,456 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,906 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 782 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,277 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 729 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,153 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.