Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my breathing shallow ?
RE: Is my breathing shallow ?
3 months data
[Image: vDWz9WF.png]
last night
[Image: 9jUcG4X.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
dwd, something in mid-June caused your tidal volume to go down, your respiration rate to increase along with minute vent. Overall, you are getting equivalent air volume, but it is coming in shallower, more frequent breaths. Your apnea statistics are very good, but for some reason, your respiration rate and volume has changed. The question is, what happened on June 20 besides the summer solstice?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been to the Dr and lungs are clear, o2 97%, also had an ECG which showed all is well with my heart. Have to have a blood test which I was going to do in August before my next appointment with my Dr.
They gave me a referral to see the sleep Dr that I've last seen in 2014. They want to see if my cpap has anything to do with my change in night breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
In an earlier post you said:
"I was using my modified P10 mask small slits cut in the vents."

I am wondering why the mask was modified?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last winter I was using my humidifier and during the night I suddenly woke up felling like I couldn't exhale enough out of the vents.
I'm not the only one see this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ed?page=23
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good that the heart is Ok, I think that was everyone's concern. Telling you to see your cpap guy, means they haven't a clue, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The main things have been checked.

I'd change the mask anyway, from your avatar you have a choice. Change everything one thing at a time. Ring where you got the machine, for then to check yours and loan you another one for a couple of nights. Worst case hire it for a week. That will tell you if it has anything to do with your machine.

pm sent for location in AU, if you are close I can lend you an auto cpap.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
when did you modify the mask?

That would modify the CO2 levels in your blood, I'm not sure which way but that could explain the rapid breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask was modified last year.
Some of the nights this has happen was with my new P10.
I plan on using the new one tonight and for a few more nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen some similar patterns on Airsense 10s - so I would like to take a closer look on the graphs.
Could you please post a screenshot of a 2 minute-window where you had such high resp. rates?
please include the following graphs: the flow rate, the mask pressure, the resp. rate, the tidal volume, the flowlimitations and the leak rate. (unpin the events if it doesn't fit on 1 screenshot - I'm not interested in those)

And please rescale the flow-rate to +60 to -60 (or so). It's really hard to see anything an a scaling from +155 to -155 liters per minute.
And please show the "zero line" from the dotted lines on the flow-rate.

Would be helpful to see such a screenshot with your modified mask and the new unmodified mask.

I could not really see that from the ~5 minute-Closeup you showed, but I have seen a similar outcome on very nasty flowlimitations or "double-breathing". The machine did not interprete the inhalation as one single breath but as 2. Thus what was clearly a flowlimitation was interpreted as a "perfect" (really short) breath and not treated at all.
I have my doubts that the machine estimates the leakrate correctly on your modified mask ... maybe changing the settings to FFM might help with that? ... (but the Airsense tends to get that wrong either way with the P10^^)
You seem to exhale much more than you inhale ... which looks odd and usually is a sign of "something went wrong".
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night with modified mask.
Using unmodified mask tonight stay tuned
[Image: sVmsOH6.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,075 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 510 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 381 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.