Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my machine broken?
Is my machine broken?
Hi, I just found this board while looking for an answer to this problem.
My machine has been blinking "replace mask - OK" for a long time, I push the OK button but nothing happens.

It's been working fine other wise so I have not been worried about it, I've replaced the mask a few times since this started, but now I want to change to the nose pillows and I need to make it ramp up (because of so much wind, it freaks me out) but I'm not able to change anything or even get it to stop blinking that message.

I've tried holding multiple buttons down at the same time but no luck.
I'm guessing this is something my dr office did so I will be forced to go back to them for the fix, but no insurance now.
would appreciate any help, Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my machine broken?
Hi pat53,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions about your machine and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Good luck getting your machine straightened out .
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you acquire a clinician manual for your machine? If not click on the link to "CPAP SETUP MANUALS" at the top of any page, an locate the appropriate manual. It should tell you how to remove the error messages.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you trish6hundred.

Thank you PollCat,
There doesn't seem to be a manual for my machine. It did say how to enter to the clinical menu by holding down the right & down arrow buttons, but that did not work, it still just blinks the error message.

I will request a clinician manual via email to learn how to remove the error message.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the manual, it's not an error message, it's a reminder.
it says I should be able to just press the left (ok) button to clear it.
but that still does nothing. any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you been using your S8? The S8 series has a problem with the switch contacts becoming corroded, which causes the buttons to stop working. It's nothing the doctor did. There is no way for the doctor to lock up the settings on an S8.

I have found the repair instructions, but the board rules do not allow me to post the link. The instructions look simple if you have an electronics background, but I have not tried them. I can PM the link to you if you want to try the repair.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using it for 6 or 7 years.
at least I know now there is something wrong with it.
yes pm it to me, maybe I can find some one to repair it.
Thanks.

(03-06-2015, 02:19 AM)big_dave Wrote: How long have you been using your S8? The S8 series has a problem with the switch contacts becoming corroded, which causes the buttons to stop working. It's nothing the doctor did. There is no way for the doctor to lock up the settings on an S8.

I have found the repair instructions, but the board rules do not allow me to post the link. The instructions look simple if you have an electronics background, but I have not tried them. I can PM the link to you if you want to try the repair.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 952 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken? Frankensteins Bride 2 2,794 07-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Frankensteins Bride
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,921 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.