Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is "pressure relief" in my SleepyHead statistics the same as EPR/Flux?
RE: Is "pressure relief" in my SleepyHead statistics the same as EPR/Flux?
Turn off the VS2 line and don't worry about it...seriously. I also did this. It is not something that affects machine operation, and my guess is it doesn't affect your sleep. Just turn off that data in the chart preferences.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned the VS2 off, it clutters my graph and makes no sense.  
My husband says I don't snore, and I've recorded myself a couple times, and there are no snores.

I've also read that the PR machines tend to pick up small vibrations and flag them as snores.   Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turn off the VS2 line and don't worry about it...seriously.  I also did this.  It is not something that affects machine operation, and my guess is it doesn't affect your sleep.  Just turn off that data in the chart preferences.

Thank you! I found the setting, and now my graph looks great!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 03:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I turned the VS2 off, it clutters my graph and makes no sense.  
My husband says I don't snore, and I've recorded myself a couple times, and there are no snores.

I've also read that the PR machines tend to pick up small vibrations and flag them as snores.   Dont-know

That's our experience, too. I've been asking my husband, and he says I'm not snoring at all. I've probably asked him half a dozen times in the last month, but he's always said he heard nothing even though he's been awake and out of bed but close enough to hear me multiple times when VS2s were charted. One time only he volunteered that either the CPAP was making noise or I was, and it woke him up about 4:30 a.m., but there was no sleep disturbance on my chart around that time. We figure I was very briefly sleeptalking or mouth breathing and he heard the rush of air before I closed my mouth, because there wasn't a leak indicated, either. He's such a restless sleeper that I thought the machine might be picking up his twitches and kicks after he was gone one night and I didn't have as many VS2s on the chart the next morning. Nope! That's not it, 'cause similar conditions don't yield the same results! Could be planes passing overhead and trucks rolling by for all I know. I turned it off, and won't worry about it anymore. 
Thanks

SaveSave
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 03:42 PM)geekbearinggifts Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turn off the VS2 line and don't worry about it...seriously.  I also did this.  It is not something that affects machine operation, and my guess is it doesn't affect your sleep.  Just turn off that data in the chart preferences.

The other part of your question was whether you should turn back the pressure...yes.  VS2 is a meaningless stat, and can be caused by among other things, mask leaks; thus the increase in events with increased pressure.  Sleep comfortably, your therapy is going great!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2017, 10:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 03:42 PM)geekbearinggifts Wrote:

The other part of your question was whether you should turn back the pressure...yes.  VS2 is a meaningless stat, and can be caused by among other things, mask leaks; thus the increase in events with increased pressure.  Sleep comfortably, your therapy is going great!
 Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 284 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 588 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 564 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OXY DATA ON STATISTICS PAGE srlevine1 7 645 05-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 803 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Oscar CPAP Statistics - Therapy Efficacy Dataporter 2 735 02-26-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Dataporter
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 726 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.