Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Short-term use of Dreamstation One
Short-term use of Dreamstation One
I have a Dreamstation One that I purchased before I found out about the recall. I don't exactly know whether I have sleep-disordered breathing because I have had 2 very different home test results (one was for free on the NHS) and I don't want to spend money on another one. Would it be alright to use this Dreamstation for testing how it makes me feel for 6 months or so? Is there any research showing whether short term use is ok or not?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Short-term use of Dreamstation One
Nobody is going to be able to answer this definitively. You are absolutely taking a risk using a machine with a known carcinogen, with different levels of broken down particles, that if brought into the airstream will for fact lodge in your lungs. What is your tolerance to risk? Are you a gambler?

I guess my question is, if you don't even know for sure that you have some kind of a sleep disorder, what is the urgency here worth taking the risk. I could see if you had severe sleep apnea, and had no alternatives so it was a toss up on which was worse, but this doesn't sound like that's the case here.

Unless you have confirmed that you have a sleep disorder, at a rather moderate to high level, I wouldn't use that machine. Scratch that itch after they provide a replacement/fix.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 534 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 421 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 583 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 329 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 524 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  [CPAP] Short Duration Cpap Usage Myeung 3 514 06-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,758 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.