Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is sleep apnea even the main issue?
RE: Is sleep apnea even the main issue?
I think finding the right mask for you is a big part of that. In the course of my trial period I've tried 9 different masks. (If you count both P10s, (the first had been damaged by a previous user but it took me a while to realise what the problem was) 2 sizes of N30i and 3 sizes of P30i) I quickly found that the full face mask didn't work for me. the N20 nasal mask was ok (and I held on to it as a backup mask while I tried the other masks, switching back to it twice) but I finally found a mask and size that works well for me.
(P30i Large)

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is sleep apnea even the main issue?
(10-05-2021, 09:43 AM)Sleepster Wrote: But in your original post you say it's only been 1.5 months? Am I missing something?

That issue aside, the doctor said 3 months of CPAP use. You say you aren't using it every night, so just letting 3 months of time go by is not the same as 3 months of use. Again, unless I'm missing something.

When I first started CPAP therapy it was awful for me. The hose and the mask and the air pressure made me get less sleep, not more, so I felt worse. But as I adapted I started getting more sleep and eventually started feeling better than I had in years. It takes a while for some us to adapt!

The other issue is that when you don't use your CPAP machine you are putting a strain on your cardiovascular system, increasing the chances that later in life you could have a stroke that could ruin your life, or a heart attack that could kill you.

It was 1.5 months at the time I posted it Tongue
It's been 2.5 months now.

I got less sleep when I first started too while I adjusted to the new weird thing on my face, but I was quickly back to sleeping 12+ hours a night.

I've been using CPAP pretty much every night except 3 nights when I went camping in July and the one night I recently tried. So, overall, I've been extremely consistent over the 2.5 months except for those 4 nights. That said, if I really do get lower quality sleep on CPAP, I'm not sure how much CPAP will really help with preventing future health conditions. I'll ask my doctor, though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 8 18 minutes ago
Last Post: cps22
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 288 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.