Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is some leakage normal
Is some leakage normal
Been about a week since i posted last.

I have been going back and fourth from the F&p zest q and the amara mask.

No matter what i can start off the night with no leaks but at some point they both start leaking in the night.

Is it normal to have some leakage???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is some leakage normal
I , along with others, have found that at bedtime, wash your face well to remove any oils. I also wipe my mask with unsecented,alchohol free baby wipes. I found this creates a better seal therefore fewer leaks.
Hope it helps.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep everything clean everyday so
I have been getting zero leaks sometimes for several days in a row, but I do not flail around much at night either.
Occasionally I have to get up to handle issues not related to therapy. (cat throws up something, etc.) During these times
it seems leaks may crop up when I need to reinstall the mask and re-seat everything.

I am looking for something to make the mask sealing surface a shade bit tackier.
I'll post here if I find it.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya. It gets frustrating. Normally i cant tell if it leaks. Its my wife. She also says doesnt happen all the time. But i would never know at the firehouse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes. I don't have any live in companion right now so I have to use a machine that will log all the data
from the night session to a file.
Leaks, pressure flow rates, apneas etc, etc.

This way I can correct for issues when they crop up without having to wait 6 weeks for a doctors' appointment.

I see you have 'Other' listed for the software category, can the software you are using help you out here?

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2013, 08:02 AM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Is it normal to have some leakage???
Yes, some leaks normal and acceptable as long as not disturbing your sleep or shooting into the eyes

Your machine report total leak (Icon Auto and Premo only)
Total leak = intentional + unintentional leak
Amara intentional leak @15 = 33 L/min

Post Reply Post Reply
I dont have no software. Only thing i can do is wait til may 21 for first dr appt since getting it....

I can say even today i still mess with it through the day just try to figure out different ways and feels for the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.
I don't suppose you could con them into exchanging the Icon for a ResMed S9 Autoset?
That will give you a platform with full data capabilities you can use with SleepyHead software.
Then you will be able to tell how well the therapy is working for you.

Unless someone else here knows of some software that wil do the same thing for the Icons.

Dont-know

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 212 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 422 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 260 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 256 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,696 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.