Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is the Fisher Pilairo Bag Sealed When New?
Is the Fisher Pilairo Bag Sealed When New?
I bought a Fisher Pilairo online and it was sold to me as brand new.

When it arrived it came in a zip locked bag, but there was no seal to be broken. It also only has the heavier strap, and the single elastic strap is not there.

So again, does the bag have a seal that has to be torn before the zip lock part, and does the mask come with the 2 straps?

I am not sure if it is new or used being sold as new...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the Fisher Pilairo Bag Sealed When New?
All masks come from the mfgr in a sealed bag for guaranteed sterility.
It might have been new in the sense it has not been used; but it was not as shipped from the mfgr.

From their website, I infer that it should come with both types of head gear.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be a sample that the manufacturers supply DMEs for patient trialing the mask before buying. A lot of DMEs sell those over the internet (eBay, even Amazon) saying that they are new. A lot of them are brand new.

I have bought stuff off amazon that came brand new sealed in manufacturer packaging.

I have bought a mask cushion from EBay that came in a ziplock and it smelled of Control III disinfectant. But it was so much cheaper than other options that I kept it. I bought a headgear from eBay that had "not for sale" written on the headgear fabric. Again it was real cheap compared to other options.

I typically ask them before I click on buy on Amazon OR eBay.

If I were not comfortable with a mask's packaging, I would return it and ask for a refund.

My 2 cents. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes this one says Not For Resale on the bag...

The term "new" to me does not mean the bag is open and some stranger has used it for an hour, a day, a week or a month...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi player,
I don't think it sounds new to me. I have ordered online, and it was in a sealed manufacture bag.
I would never use anything that I suspected to be used. It may have been returned at one time and not used, but I still wouldn't accept it.
I would call the supplier and question it and arrange to get a "new replacement".
Now that I've said that, I wonder what online suppliers do with the used masks that people return?

OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,620 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,068 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 734 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 404 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234? Marty McSly 3 687 12-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Marty McSly
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 632 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] Fisher & Paykel Oracle 452 Oral CPAP Mask for BPAP kakadyi 3 788 09-16-2022, 05:23 AM
Last Post: kakadyi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.