Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is the Luna 2 really that bad?
Is the Luna 2 really that bad?
So after months of fighting with doctors who can’t fax properly and insurance companies that don’t want to pay I finally got a new machine approved. 

My current machine (resmed airsence 10) is four years old and making noise. I haven’t been able to get it serviced but I can tell it’s not functioning correctly by how I feel when I wake up. 

I was concerned about what machine I was going to get. Then I look one day the purchase order they made me sign and it said airsense 11 auto set. 

The woman from Apria said they just got a new shipment of resmed machines and I should get mine within two weeks. 

I had hoped it was finally over and I got an email from UPS that my package would arrive on Monday. 

Yesterday I got home and there was a big box from Apria. What was inside? A Luna 2 of course…
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the Luna 2 really that bad?
(10-16-2022, 12:46 PM)Haroldsdrifting Wrote: Yesterday I got home and there was a big box from Apria. What was inside? A Luna 2 of course…

They did the same thing to me back in January.  So, I thought I'd give the Luna 2 a try.  Went to bed with it under my night stand same as my Air Sense 10. I wear ear plugs and couldn't hear the Air Sense.  Awoke a couple of hours later to this roaring sound.  At first thought my mask was leaking, but nope it was the Luna.  Sounded like a freight train in my bedroom.  It woke my wife.  So, I turned it off and called Apria and they sent another one.  Same problem. I even created a box with vents in it and put the Luna 2 in it.  No help.  Packed them up and then waited 7 months for my Air Sense 11 to arrive.  BTW, my Air Sense 10 was 7 years old and continued to work until its retirement when the Air Sense 11 came.  So, I never really used it.  Don't know if OSCAR supports the Luna 2.

May want to search the board for reviews of the Luna 2.

Best of luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does not support the Luna2, and as far as I know there are no plans or people to support it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO being able to read the detailed data is extremely important on machine choice. I would not accept a Luna for that reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
i dont know about the luna 2 but i use the bmc g3 which is the third generation of luna cpap its a good machine, now comes to withtao's problem i have heard this before your problem lies with the seal between the humidifier and outlet, the humidifier is sliding forward hence the leak hence the loud noise but do post results using paplink desktop software then we can be somewhat sure what is happening

advise: resmed is better machine, but if they are signing you up for as11 and giving you luna 2 then that is fraud you need to talk to the supplier
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:13 AM)Psychotech Wrote: ... now comes to withtao's problem i have heard this before your problem lies with the seal between the humidifier and outlet, the humidifier is sliding forward hence the leak hence the loud noise but do post results using paplink desktop software then we can be somewhat sure what is happening

advise: resmed is better machine, but if they are signing you up for as11 and giving you luna 2 then that is fraud you need to talk to the supplier

I had removed and reseated the humidifiers in both machine with the same result.  BTW, I spoke with the DMO respiratory therapist and he said he had received many similar complaints.

Back in January my PCP didn't specify RESMED (unknown to me) when they placed the order with the DME.  When I returned the two Luna 2's they specified RESMED.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I say that my current machine is having issues because I’m waking up dazed and getting headaches again. I tried to find a place to get it tested and repaired but no one local wanted to touch it. I believe now I have found a company that will repair it.

The Luna 2 , to the best of my knowledge anyways, also doesn’t have a heated hose.

I decided to call Apria and complain. Apria is picking up the Luna 2 and getting a prescription from my doc for a resmed. So…
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my first machine (and my first post here). So I got the Luna II after waiting months after my sleep study. 58 apnea events an hour. Insane. I've been like the walking dead for years and did not know I had obstructive sleep apnea. I thought it was Narcolepsy or something and finally went to the Dr back in April.

Anyway, I have nothing to compare the Luna II to. If I could have picked something, I probably would have choose Phillips not knowing a thing about foamgate. After reading this board, I now would pick the Resmed 11 I suppose. But I am very glad to have the Luna.

Anyway, the Luna II has helped me more that I could have ever expected. Very, very happy with it as it almost completely eliminated the apnea according to the data. AHI last night was only 0.4 -- my best score yet. And the past few weeks are probably the first time I've really slept in years. I'm really awake and refreshed no that I have gotten used to wearing a mask while sleeping. First week was tough. The only trouble I have now is rainout which can wake me up half way through the night. Ordered the heated hose kit from 3B and hopefully it will help (it is separately powered).

Noise. It isn't loud to me and my wife says she hardly hears it. Just a gentle sound of air when I inhale. It was louder once when I forgot to push the water reservoir in all the way. But no issues with the noise level. Since I have nothing to compare it to though, like the Resmed machines, maybe they are so quiet that you cannot hear anything at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to hear that it's working out for you.  I don't use the humidifier so have no experience with that.

Best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 200 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Luna 2 solfware. Heres where to go . (kind of like oscar watertrails 4 1,955 09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: rubbercow
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,228 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto wstalcup 0 505 06-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: wstalcup
  Luna G3: Key sequence to access clinician (technician) menu? shu246 3 1,743 04-30-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Luna 2 bag replacement chrispopp8 0 400 04-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: chrispopp8

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.