Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is the Minimum Use Threshold on the Intellipap adjustable?
Is the Minimum Use Threshold on the Intellipap adjustable?
I still am waking up frequently, often having to go to the bathroom, I turn it off while I'm doing this. I also have problems with pinched nerves in my shoulders from the way I sleep so sometimes I have to work them out. so it's off while I do this. It would be nice to turn this setting down to an hour for now and as I sleep longer move it back up to 4 hours. If not is there any harm in just leaving it on?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the Minimum Use Threshold on the Intellipap adjustable?
Yeah, well, you could roll the old odometer back, and maybe sell the car for a little more, but no rolling back the 4hr compliance clock. Can't trick the sd card. If you just let it run, and it is on auto start/stop, it will turn off. If you don't use that feature, it will just come up as LARGE leak, and not be believable after 5-10 minutes. Try wearing it during the day, or early evening while watching TV, reading a book, or go online to Apnea Board to bring time up for the compliancy police. By the way, less trips to the bathroom is a nice benefit of this therapy, from my experience. Keep plugging away....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the Minimum Use Threshold on the Intellipap adjustable?
Thanks for the reply. I misunderstood how it works. I have to use it for more than 4 hours per day. Here's the definition from the help page:

"Minimum Use Threshold: Determines the minimum amount of time that the patient must use the device to be logged as a compliant day. Device settings allow for 4 or 5 hours, with 4 hours being the default setting. This setting can be changed in the device clinical set-up menu. Many insurance carriers, including Medicare, state that they pay for the therapy if the patient is compliant. A compliant patient is considered to be one that uses their CPAP 70% of the days for 4 hours minimum for 30 consecutive days within the first 90 days of therapy. "
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 373 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  Adjustable Beds fredhaddock 2 617 11-04-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Rules addition - minimum age of members SuperSleeper 8 1,848 09-16-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing apneic event threshold Morgannon 0 308 04-20-2023, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Morgannon
  [CPAP] DISTURBED SLEEP - Minimum Tidal Volume = ZERO ACA327 3 633 03-28-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 851 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 454 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.