Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick-out the door- Mirage swift II or Nuance Pro nasal pillow masks?
Quick-out the door- Mirage swift II or Nuance Pro nasal pillow masks?
Hey ya'll,
Because of my ongoing trigeminal neuralgia issues I am out the door in to go look at and try either the Mirage Swift 2 (quieter I hear than earlier) nasal pillow mask or the Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow Mask.

I love my P10 but it's hitting the nerve just so..so even if I just get a plan b one to switch up the area or irritation I'm good for that to try. I know i'll pay more locally but I also have 30 days to exhange for another...it's worth the ease for now...

I think that from what I've read Nuance Pro sits the shallowest of all pillows into the nasal passage, that could be a plus...

Do either of these have your experience? Extra helpful if you have used both one of these and a p10 to tell me how they compare ...I am especially interested if one is less leak prone or easier to sleep on side or to stay on when moving with..

Quick...just shout out if you have one or the other you think rocks...

Thanks, I'll check back on Iphone when I get to the shop.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick-out the door- Mirage swift II or Nuance Pro nasal pillow masks?
I have the Nuance Pro. I like the soft sides of the headgear. It doesn't have those little hard ribs like the P10. With that said, I think I would order the Nuance and not the Pro next time. I don't care for the silicon gel inserts on the cheek area. The regular Nuance has cloth in that area.

Buy enough to share!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay...thanks for that Sgearheart. I was thinking already that the gel might due to it'd added bulk, make more pressure on my T.N not less. I went to my DME without an appointment, with the intention of just looking at the masks alone and getting my monthly nose pillow refils for my p10 but the Tech overheard me talking to the front desk about the masks and came out and ended up asking if I'd like to go ahead and try the one on I was considering, so YAY. I tried and bought the Nuance without the gel straps. I and she had me try a mask based on where my T.N seems to touch off pain on my face, and I decided if I exchange this mask within the 30 days, I will go for a Resmed Mirage Swift LT for her. While it is much more "stuff" than the p10 and the one I just got today ,the area's that have firmness, seem to help support the kit in a way that might have it more off the hot nerve. I payed I kid you not 60 bucks more than the mask cost online (without the return insurance, no idea what that costs online) but I was able to get mask today, with some try on, and ease. For me the newbie worth it. Will go to online ordering eventually though.

Thanks for your input, it helped!
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ManseHen, I have never tried the Mirage but in the last couple of months have switched from the P10 to the Nuance (no gel) and I love it.
I find it so comfortable, easy to adjust and my leaks have gone down considerably.
I also find it easy to move around in with it dislodging. The pillows are very comfortable as well.
I do not think you will be disappointed with this mask, I know I am most definitely not.
Good luck to you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my Nuance. Not so much the Pro version. And if the headgear you have, if the back strap is super super tacky? And if you fold it onto itself and it is sticking to itself really bad? Take it back and ask for the improved version. The tackiness is to help hold it onto the hair but the original series or so of them, it was gross. Turned black and looked nasty! The latest version isn't as sticky but still works and doesn't turn nasty looking. My first one wasn't that bad until I tried to wash it for the first time. OMG, made it worse! The second one turned black within a week. But this third one I've had for quite some time and it looks the same as when I got it.

Can't wait to hear how you like it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exploring Innovative Approaches to Pillow Packaging alexa2851 0 16 43 minutes ago
Last Post: alexa2851
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: EasySleep
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 252 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,725 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 318 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 235 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.