Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is the ResMed ClimateLine Heated Tubing worth buying?
Is the ResMed ClimateLine Heated Tubing worth buying?
My insurance company only provided the standard slim line hose. Is it worth upgrading the hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the ResMed ClimateLine Heated Tubing worth buying?
I like them a lot but not at $51 or what ever the list price is. Check the big auction site many on there go for $30. Mine or covered by insurance. May want to try getting your script updated to include the ClimateLine hose and have them submit it with the proper code and see if it is not approved. Your call.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 11:32 PM)STL Mark Wrote: I like them a lot but not at $51 or what ever the list price is. Check the big auction site many on there go for $30. Mine or covered by insurance. May want to try getting your script updated to include the ClimateLine hose and have them submit it with the proper code and see if it is not approved. Your call.

I can get it for $38 on amazon with free shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 11:12 PM)TiredinFL Wrote: My insurance company only provided the standard slim line hose. Is it worth upgrading the hose?

If you're not getting condensation in your hose, I don't know why you'd need it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TiredinFL,
Are you having problems with access water, (rainout,) in your standard hose? The heated hose prevents rainout.
I have been using it since I have switched to Resmed machines and like it very much.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally notice a difference so I use climateline. I am sure this depends on room temperature and humidifier settings, so rainout is the only standard by which to judge.

I highly recommend (this coming from a person whose insurance has too high of a deductible) that you look for internet deals on a variety of sites. There's a popular local site where people LIST stuff to sell. I think Craig recommended it (hint hint).

I do my entire therapy outside insurance and even doctor oversight. I think in the near future, this therapy will be de-regulated once all the bells and whistles are in place to make monitoring effectiveness easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only used the climateline, though my machine came with both. I expect to use the standard one when I have to run the machine on 12V power (caravanning)
I liked the idea it is supposed to monitor the humidity at the mask end according to the marketing. I find that having the air wetter helps avoid nostril issues with my nasal pillows. mind you I am a rank newbie so happily defer to the more experiences voices here.

Added to that my wife needs to have a cool room to sleep in, which means AC through the summer months (with an extra blanket on my side of the bed), so I thought the heated line as essential to avoid rain out then.

If you have the coin spare- try it and see.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some people feel that it warms the air itself coming from the humidifier and the like the warmer air. I've never noticed a temp difference with or without it. It's job is to keep the hose warm so the moisture doesn't condensate inside the hose.

What I have noticed is during the winter when our bedroom is cold, the heated hose has totally eliminated the rainout racket. The only place I get condensation is inside the mask itself. During the summer, I don't use the humidifier as often so I don't use the heated hose.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Depends. Do you have excessive condensation in your hose? If not, then no, no need for climate line.

Now if they would come up with a climate line that would cool the air down to about 50-60 deg F, THAT would be massively cool.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2013, 05:45 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Now if they would come up with a climate line that would cool the air down to about 50-60 deg F, THAT would be massively cool.
OMM

First: The Climateline from ResMed keeps the RELATIVE Humidity on a fixed percentage: 80%. As this parameter is very dependant from the temperature, the system regualtes this RH (percentage of the maximum possible absolute humidity at a certain temperature) by changing the temperature of the humidifier and the tube. In summer we hardly need that heated tubing, so it does not work. But in winter, when your room is cold (if it is!), the heated tubing plus humidifier prevent rainout. I would personally recommend it strongly, IF you have a cold room in winter.

secondly: The remark on top of my posting is a joke indeed! As said above, cooling down would cause rainout. Only if you don't fill the humidifier with water, this would be great. And very dry!

Greetings from the Netherlands!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 694 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,523 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 906 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 605 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.