Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there CPAP machine that has a child lock on it.
Is there CPAP machine that has a child lock on it.
Hi
On one of my Facebook page there are two sets of parents having problems with their children switching their machines off. Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that has a machine that has this option for stopping the kids from switching their machines off.
Dee
[link removed]

I had to remove the link due to Facebook's commercial status. However, simply search Facebook for the group "SleepApnoeaSupportAndAwareness". Thank you for understanding. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there CPAP machine that has a child lock on it.
very simple...

but your machine into a plastic box or something, don't forget to cut some holes big into it to let air in and lock this box. Don t forget to lock power cord as well !

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Told my granddaughter that if she touched my CPAP machine she was going to get the back of her hand slapped. Being the smartass she is she reached out and just touched it. I slapped the back of her hand (to a look of total astonishment on her face). Her little sister was watching.

Neither has touched my machine again.
"Smartstart" or "auto on" will at least get the machine to come right back on in case it was turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would be time for a little education about how important it is to leave the machine alone, and if that didn't work then maybe a little punishment might be on order.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 08:31 AM)jaycee Wrote: Told my granddaughter that if she touched my CPAP machine she was going to get the back of her hand slapped. Being the smartass she is she reached out and just touched it. I slapped the back of her hand (to a look of total astonishment on her face). Her little sister was watching.

That's an especially good idea, since "turning it off" isn't even the worst problem. If it has a humidifier and the machine is move when full of water, you'll have a very expensive paperweight that isn't covered by insurance or warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
sounds like a parenting issue, and not a manufacturer issue.

what's to keep the bratty little monsters from unplugging it from the wall, or putting crap in the humidifer, or blocking up the inlet, or as someone else mentioned, dumping it upside down with water in it...
(06-02-2014, 08:31 AM)jaycee Wrote: Told my granddaughter that if she touched my CPAP machine she was going to get the back of her hand slapped. Being the smartass she is she reached out and just touched it. I slapped the back of her hand (to a look of total astonishment on her face). Her little sister was watching.

"Smartstart" or "auto on" will at least get the machine to come right back on in case it was turned off.
that's the answer. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Why not lock the bedroom door?
Post Reply Post Reply
Many CPAP machines, including your PRS1, have an auto start feature that will turn the machine on if you're masked up and breathing. Unfortunately, the autostart function may not work if you use a full face mask.

Turn on autostart, mask up, then turn off the machine and see if it comes back on for you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wondering if parents with children on CPAP have a problem with the kids turning the machine off?
Post Reply Post Reply
My PRS1 will start automatically with my FF mask... The problem could be solved with a locking cabinet - put holes in it for hose and electrical cords... use on a lower shelf, have a place for supplies, and you'll still have room for clock, tissues, on top.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 202 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,747 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 370 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,294 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.