Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there a CPAP machine with integrated oxygen
Is there a CPAP machine with integrated oxygen
I have just been prescribed oxygen therapy along with my CPAP but with my Dreamstation the only option I was given was an adapter that fits between the hose and the headgear. Thi then means I have to figure out how to keep the 2 hoses attached somehow but that doesn't work well. I know the Dreamstation has been recalled but of course nothing has been done about it yet. Thank you for any information anyone can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a CPAP machine with integrated oxygen
The ResMed AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 can be fitted with a version of the ClimateLine hose that has an oxygen fitting at the elbow at the machine end.

If you are using a regular unheated hose you can probably fit the oxygen tee thingy between the machine and the hose - although it may not be snug enough to avoid leaks.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
LThere is a small connector that goes between the machine and hose with a small inlet you attach the oxygen hose to. If you need a pic I can take one and post.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using a heated hose?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most oxygen bleeds are provided through an adapter that injects oxygen into the CPAP tube.  Our Oxygen Bleed wiki shows some options for mixing oxygen and some of the calculations to determine the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2).  The Resmed adapter is clearly much more elegant and fits the oxygen bleed at the machine, and even allows use of a heated tube.  With Philips, you can use an oxygen bleed adapter at the machine with an unheated tube or with the heated tube, the oxygen has to be delivered at the mask.  It seems you can use a fleece tube liner to improve comfort and keep the air warm between the machine and the mask, and use a conventional 22mm adapter, or if you are going to use a heated tube, you're kind of stuck with the mask interface. A fleece cover would still hold the two tubes together and make them less likely to tangle.  Your profile indicates you don't use the humidifier, so just get the simple adapter and plug it in at the machine outlet.

[Image: Oxygen_bleed_adapter_Standard.png]

If you can switch to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with the ClimateLineAir Oxy heated tube, that would be ideal. 

[Image: S10_oxy_tube__23355.1583386603.jpg?c=2]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 has an 18-inch hose. You could connect this between the CPAP and the O2 adaptor, then connect your regular hose to the adaptor and on to the mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I do have a heated hose with a humidifier in the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have in your post said you have a dreamstation but in the left side you have an s9 ResMed. They take different heated hoses
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Just updated my profile. When we moved to Colorado got a DreamStation which we have complained about since we got it and it is now on the recall list. Unless they will supply something different I am stuck with it for another year before Medicare will allow replacement. Sorry, since I don't come on the forum very often I didn't realize I hadn't updated my profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
So much for my idea about using the 18-inch hose since you are using a heated hose.  On to plan B.  Get some Velcro cable ties.  They are available from many places like, Amazon, Home Depot, and Lowes.  I use them to route my hose along the hose caddy structure.  You can get them in black or various colors.  They are a 1/2-inch wide by 6 to 8 inches long.  You will use them to run the O2 hose alongside the CPAP hose to the adaptor at your mask.  You would use one about every 10-inches, give or take an inch.

[Image: 1fKJ5U8.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,122 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 248 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 173 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 208 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 424 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 891 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 281 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.