Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI sudden increase from to much food?
AHI sudden increase from to much food?
My ahi jumped from .4 to 4.9. Over two nights

I have been having some trouble with my mask as have gotten a new machine about 3 weeks ago. But l thought I had sorted out the mask a couple of nights ago, hence the .4 ahi

I am away from home for a few days, wedding anniversary.

The first night I got .4ahi but felt awful during the day, no energy
Last night I got the 4.9 reading but had gone out for dinner. I did not eat a lot but did feel very bloated.

Could this be the reason for the ahi increase. I will make sure I don't get the same way tonight even if tonight is my anniversary.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI sudden increase from to much food?
G'day Richard - congratulations on the anniversary.

Somehow I don't think over-eating will automatically increase your AHI. However the combination of being in a strange bed, celebrations etc may disrupt your sleeping pattern which could in turn affect your results. However we all have "off" nights occasionally, often for no apparent cause. I wouldn't worry too much about an occasional bad night so long as the overall trend is OK.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply
It was a bit of a shock as I just started to get back to where I was before getting a new machine and mask.

Thanks again
Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rich2905,
Happy anniversary.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that

Last night ahi back to1.1
I made sure I had a light dinner

Not sure if the cause but will try again I am sure.
(I.e. Over eating)

It may be just eating to late is the cause.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a nagging suspicion that late night eating/overeating results in a poorer AHI for me. Haven't really scientifically scoped it out, but I've noticed what I am starting to think is connection between the two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy anniversary!

For me if I have my dinner past 9pm, I'm in trouble. Follow that up with Sprite or the likes and sweet desserts ...oh oh. If Cloudy Bay or Penfolds gets thrown in the mix, I'm done for.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always had trouble sleeping if I go to bed feeling bloated.

It comes down to when you eat as well

The fact my ahi increased a lot when I did and dropped again the next night when I had a lighter meal is convincing me that being a bit more careful us the way to go.

As mentioned I did have a good reason this time and I am sure I will find other good reasons
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2016, 03:59 AM)rich2905 Wrote: As mentioned I did have a good reason this time and I am sure I will find other good reasons

My problem is the reasons find me ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 90 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 156 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,272 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 434 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 406 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 367 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.