Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there a use for the modem after DME is gone?
RE: Is there a use for the modem after DME is gone?
Does any supplier use the modem to prove compliance?

Does the DME prove compliance? Or the sleep doc?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, in U.S., I believe the answer is yes to all three, particularly if supplier is also dme provider. not sure about Canada though. I suspect the manufacturer also gets, mines and likely sells our data as well, but they don't care about compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I have an s9 and it reports well for me. I don't need a more modern machine.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2018, 02:23 PM)DaveL Wrote: Does any supplier use the modem to prove compliance?

Does the DME prove compliance? Or the sleep doc?

Actually, MOST DMEs use the modem to prove compliance. However, once that is completed, there is no need for additional information.  The DME proves compliance to the insurance company.  For health certifications, such as for a trucker or pilot, the DME has to forward the compliance data to the sleep doc who does the certification.  Many docs offices have no means to read your SD card data - they just get it from the DME.  Mine is done by their in-house DME although my machine was purchased elsewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Ontario, I'm not sure that the ADP people and the insurance companies check on compliance; I don't recall my doctor checking, although I did go see him some time after I got my machine - it was three and a half years ago that I started.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,606 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 261 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 766 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Airsense11 - No modem? wils98 11 2,057 02-10-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.