Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there a way to actually heat the air?
RE: Is there a way to actually heat the air?
Here's a thought...locate your computer so the warm air discharging from the case is directed to the intake air of the CPAP machine. Maybe use some flexible ducting to advantage.

If the puter discharge air isn't warm enough, engage the computer system with some endless task that causes the processor to be very busy, such as a memory check (they can run forever). That would get the discharge temp up some and maybe give you enough warm air to make you a happy PAPer again.

Now, take that and run with it and quit bothering us. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 06:46 PM)Galactus Wrote: After much time, argument, and explanation I finally have been told that the conversion kit for my humidifier is in and can be picked up.... we shall see.

What a comedy of errors. First called Dr. Dr., said ok no problem will get you one. Gave him all the info for who I use and all that. 5 days went by no word. Called Dr., nice lady says "yup got the script and submitted it, even got a fax back saying order was in process, you might want to call them. Called them, oh yah we have the order but don't know what to get you. So I explain it. Ok, got it will get it to you. Week goes by nada. Call them again, oh yah we are trying to get it but we're confused on what you need, we'll get you to a supervisor. After almost 2 hours they now get it and will get it. 5 days later nothing. Call them again 1 hour on hold, finally get someone on the phone, get conveniently disconnected. Get dressed, getting ready to drive over there (as I have advised others to do), scrolling through my phone I see the local therapists number for the local office, figure what the heck I'll call again. I call, and a live human answers!! Says the person I need just went out will be right back, and will call me :S Think to myself suuuuuurrreeeee they will. But hey this is a rural area and the local office has always been good when you get them rather than getting transferred to corp., so it could happen. 5 minutes go by and she calls!!! She does have an order, but has no idea what I need. GRRRR!!!! So here we go again, I explain. I say there are two ways to do it 1- replace the humidifier 2- get the upgrade kit. Well the insurance company just paid for that humidifier so they won't pay again. I say listen I didn't choose the humidifier and I want the correct one. I go over the whole what I need, and what is in the kit, and all that. Ok she says let's look into the conversion and see what happens, I'll call you back after I check. You promise? Yes! Ok, I'll cross my fingers. Within the hour, she calls back!! Tells me she spoke to Phillips got everything need and it's on the way. Don't tease me I say. No really I promise she says. So we shall see.... I wait with baited breath. Dielaughing

After you get it and it works, please tell me what I then need to get to do the same thing to mine. Have it set to '5' (highest setting) and am still getting cool to cold air in my face :-(
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, the good news is the DME was telling the truth, it was all there when I arrived today, they even had it waiting and ready to go. They even had someone who had a clue as to how it converted the humidifier, and they even went and installed it for me. If only the companies phone people were as good as the local office they could get Crap out of there name. Till then, gotta deal with the office, and only the office. Anywa, I have it, and I shall try it tonight and see what happens.

(11-19-2014, 12:39 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Here's a thought...locate your computer so the warm air discharging from the case is directed to the intake air of the CPAP machine. Maybe use some flexible ducting to advantage.

If the puter discharge air isn't warm enough, engage the computer system with some endless task that causes the processor to be very busy, such as a memory check (they can run forever). That would get the discharge temp up some and maybe give you enough warm air to make you a happy PAPer again.

Now, take that and run with it and quit bothering us. Big Grin

It gives me great joy to bother you, so no, I shall not quit it Smile

(11-19-2014, 07:51 PM)Peter_C Wrote:
(11-18-2014, 06:46 PM)Galactus Wrote: After much time, argument, and explanation I finally have been told that the conversion kit for my humidifier is in and can be picked up.... we shall see.

What a comedy of errors. First called Dr. Dr., said ok no problem will get you one. Gave him all the info for who I use and all that. 5 days went by no word. Called Dr., nice lady says "yup got the script and submitted it, even got a fax back saying order was in process, you might want to call them. Called them, oh yah we have the order but don't know what to get you. So I explain it. Ok, got it will get it to you. Week goes by nada. Call them again, oh yah we are trying to get it but we're confused on what you need, we'll get you to a supervisor. After almost 2 hours they now get it and will get it. 5 days later nothing. Call them again 1 hour on hold, finally get someone on the phone, get conveniently disconnected. Get dressed, getting ready to drive over there (as I have advised others to do), scrolling through my phone I see the local therapists number for the local office, figure what the heck I'll call again. I call, and a live human answers!! Says the person I need just went out will be right back, and will call me :S Think to myself suuuuuurrreeeee they will. But hey this is a rural area and the local office has always been good when you get them rather than getting transferred to corp., so it could happen. 5 minutes go by and she calls!!! She does have an order, but has no idea what I need. GRRRR!!!! So here we go again, I explain. I say there are two ways to do it 1- replace the humidifier 2- get the upgrade kit. Well the insurance company just paid for that humidifier so they won't pay again. I say listen I didn't choose the humidifier and I want the correct one. I go over the whole what I need, and what is in the kit, and all that. Ok she says let's look into the conversion and see what happens, I'll call you back after I check. You promise? Yes! Ok, I'll cross my fingers. Within the hour, she calls back!! Tells me she spoke to Phillips got everything need and it's on the way. Don't tease me I say. No really I promise she says. So we shall see.... I wait with baited breath. Dielaughing

After you get it and it works, please tell me what I then need to get to do the same thing to mine. Have it set to '5' (highest setting) and am still getting cool to cold air in my face :-(

I shall tell you what I know after I use it. I shall report back here when I have news.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know how the PRS1 gets the ambient air information? I know the heat settings are x degrees over ambient air, but ambient where? At the intake? At the mask? I ask as last night the air felt hot at times and cool to cold at other times. Like when under the covers it felt hotter, above it felt cooler, just an odd sensation so it got me wondering.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think at the machine only. The mask end of the hose does nothing, nor does any mask in that regard.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 374 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 373 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  eson2 mask and heat tubing kerm007 2 407 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kerm007
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 756 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  [Equipment] Can cpap hose/tube be heat disinfected Barefooter64 5 737 08-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns! cathyf 29 3,431 08-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  [CPAP] Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for Z1Travel CPAP machine cykoek 10 9,291 06-03-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: linnyKravitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.