Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there a way to add fragrance to cpap?!?
RE: Is there a way to add fragrance to cpap?!?
Our brains are wonderful things and we can train them. Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) is a cool type of psychotherapy I was into for a while. It's like, if we see a certain thing each time we are happy, all we need to do is see that thing and we feel happy, even if we are miserable. Not all the way happy happy joy joy, but the chemical change takes place in the brain.

So putting an oil next to the intake to help us sleep would be a good idea, if the person can handle the smell. Brain starts realizing smell equals sleep. After a while, the oil could slowly be decreased until the brain stops associating the oil to the sleep and connects it to the CPAP or mask instead. This is the basis to sleep hygiene anyway, minus the oil.

Back in college (when my insomnia was at its worse), I had myself trained for a long time to fall asleep to a certain Kitaro album. Worked great until that cassette broke. Then I could not fall asleep at all for almost three, four days. I was napping, about a half hour or so at a time, but no real sleep. Luckily I finally crashed but learned an important lesson to keep as many of my "triggers" internal as I could.

As for the dog, I had a Rottweiler with a gas issue. No filter in the world could keep that out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] USING WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL FOR CLEANING/FRAGRANCE CPAPSC 2 774 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.