Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
Not really,it's just a soft or standard response to the pressure rise.  The for her actually has 3 modes.
1. CPAP
2. Autoset (standard mode on the black unit)
3.Autoset For Her

I have the for her and did not find it reacted fast enough for flow limitations so I just use the standard mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
(12-08-2017, 10:49 AM)yankees123 Wrote: Not really,it's just a soft or standard response to the pressure rise.  The for her actually has 3 modes.
1. CPAP
3.Autoset For Her

I have the for her and did not find it reacted fast enough for flow limitations so I just use the standard mode.

I found more about it, and you're correct (although AutoSet is not the standard response mode on the black unit)

For Her has CPAP, Autoset, Autoset for Her.  Black one has CPAP and Autoset.  Both have the soft/standard response. 

Here's Resmed's site detailing it, in case anyone else is curious as I was:  https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...ology.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the confusion.  I meant to say on the for her model the autoset mode is the same as the black unit autoset mode.Same algorithm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2017, 11:16 AM)phrogpilot73 Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:49 AM)yankees123 Wrote: Not really,it's just a soft or standard response to the pressure rise.  The for her actually has 3 modes.
1. CPAP
3.Autoset For Her

I found more about it, and you're correct (although AutoSet is not the standard response mode on the black unit)

For Her has CPAP, Autoset, Autoset for Her.  Black one has CPAP and Autoset.  Both have the soft/standard response. 

Here's Resmed's site detailing it, in case anyone else is curious as I was:  https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...ology.html

Confused by soft/standard response note in your post. Have the For Her and am launching into first use tonight and have adjusted settings and find options are CPAP/Autoset/Autoset for her. There is no further soft/standard mode to choose.

CPAP last night at 10.6 with AHI 0.8 comprising 2 obstructive, 1 hypopnea and 4 clear airway events. So decided to have higher pressure at 11.6 and lower pressure and starting pressure as previously at 8.

Lets see what tonight brings me. Realised that if used outside country of purchase, the wireless does not work. Some may find this useful but do not know if my Sleep Clinic will be too happy about this. Think I may have some explaining to do in April 2018 at my annual consultation.

Wish me luck.......
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using the for her autoset mode there is no response of soft or standard to choose from .  The response to choose either soft or standard is only available in the regular autoset mode available on both the for her and the black autoset unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. This is good information to have before visiting the sleep clinic on Monday.
cheers
Doug
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 931 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 578 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView Spartan 3 669 12-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,270 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch
  Mask Setting in ResMed AutoSense 10 xhwmikey 7 1,304 02-20-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.