Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
I seem to be finding that the "for her" version of the Resmed Airsense A10 Autoset is the same as the "for him" (presumably) version other than it has an extra mode.

Is there *any* capability or feature that is not present in the "For Her" version? (e.g. pressure range etc etc)??

I'm trying to decide on my next machine (my first Auto CPAP) and I'm curious if I should get the For Her version, even though I'm not a "Her".

cheers
Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
The My options screen is pink instead of blue. If you hate pink really bad that could be a problem. Other wise buy it!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
It doesn't look boring?  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense for Her has all the options of the regular Airsense plus the additional mode. It's tan with leaves vs. black. Better choice functionally unless you've already had a Resmed S9 and found that to be perfect for you. The only downside is that many DMEs do not keep it in stock so you have to wait for it to be drop shipped or shipped from a warehouse. If your machine has quit, it's a tough 2 weeks to wait. I have two of them.

If you ever think you will need the side plate to do without the humidifier, be sure to get one with the matching color. Your insurance will not cover it and the DME probably doesn't carry it, but several of the suppliers in the suppliers list carry it. It's about $22.

WallaWalla - really? yours is pink? It looks more lavender to me but I do admit to being color blind.

Comment: the "For Her" algorithm is believed to be closer to the algorithm on the S8. The regular algorithm is similar to the S9. Since you have an S8 now, I think that is even a better reason to get the For Her machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mosquitobait,
I saw it on a picture. Maybe it was a bad picture or maybe I just don't know my colors.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I checked. The options backlight is mauve-y lavenderish with a hint of lilac.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only had 10 crayons as a kid.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 04:11 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The My options screen is pink instead of blue. If you hate pink really bad that could be a problem. Other wise buy it!

I will admit that, to my eye, the "leaves" design is kind of unpleasant but the whole point of the thing is that my eyes are closed!

A more significant downside is that it seems to be more expensive... If I use the extra mode, I don't care, but if the regular "men's" mode works well then I'd rather not waste the money (and put up with the leaves...)

doug
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 05:29 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I only had 10 crayons as a kid.

Three of them was his mothers lipstick!
Laugh-a-lot
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I shouldn't do that. Walla Walla!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 938 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 582 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView Spartan 3 670 12-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,276 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch
  Mask Setting in ResMed AutoSense 10 xhwmikey 7 1,305 02-20-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.