Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
I have not seen the extra mode to be particularly useful as it initially increases pressure faster for a flow limitation, but then backs-off on increasing pressure for subsequent FL or when pressure is over 12 cm. That is useful in some cases of UARS, but for most of us the standard algorithm is better. All of the decorative stuff is fine, but if you want a beige machine instead of black, get the Aircurve. Be careful your voice does not change with the For Her Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there any downside to the "for her" version for the Resmed A10 Autosense?
Dancing  The banter is making my day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 05:08 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: The Airsense for Her has all the options of the regular Airsense plus the additional mode.   It's tan with leaves vs. black.  Better choice functionally unless you've already had a Resmed S9 and found that to be perfect for you.  The only downside is that many DMEs do not keep it in stock so you have to wait for it to be drop shipped or shipped from a warehouse.   If your machine has quit, it's a tough 2 weeks to wait.  I have two of them.

If you ever think you will need the side plate to do without the humidifier, be sure to get one with the matching color. Your insurance will not cover it and the DME probably doesn't carry it, but several of the suppliers in the suppliers list carry it. It's about $22.  

Comment: the "For Her" algorithm is believed to be closer to the algorithm on the S8.  The regular algorithm is similar to the S9. Since you have an S8 now, I think that is even a better reason to get the For Her machine.

A couple of comments: 
Should I understand from this that, for some people, the S9 is better than the S10? I was presuming I'd skip the S9 and go from the S8 to the S10.
Also, my S8 is not an auto CPAP, so I am presuming (hoping!) that any algorithm differences are all to the good. The S8, which I've had for a long time, is my first CPAP machine so I can't say I especially like (or dislike) it. It's ok, but I want better, and I want logging without having to spend money on obsolete card hardware for the S8.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 06:12 PM)DougM Wrote: A couple of comments: 
Should I understand from this that, for some people, the S9 is better than the S10? I was presuming I'd skip the S9 and go from the S8 to the S10.
Also, my S8 is not an auto CPAP, so I am presuming (hoping!) that any algorithm differences are all to the good. The S8, which I've had for a long time, is my first CPAP machine so I can't say I especially like (or dislike) it. It's ok, but I want better, and I want logging without having to spend money on obsolete card hardware for the S8.

Don't believe everything you hear. The Airsense 10 is built on the same treatment foundation as the S9, but with some updates and features in a more compact package.

The autoset algorithm is the real power behind these machines.  Anyone can do CPAP, but APAP is all about the the response.  In the case of Resmed Autosets, you are getting a bilevel limited to 3-cm pressure support.  It does nearly everything an Aircurve 10 Vauto does with a limit of 3 cm difference between IPAP and EPAP.  You're on the right track...get the Airsense 10 Autoset, for her is optional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I agree with Sleeprider about the extra algorithm. Odds are you'll never use it so why pay for it.

Sleep2Snore,
It was only one lipstick.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If your purchasing your own machine there are some great deals on either machine on Amazon, the for her just takes a bit more finding.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased one from AMAZON and got an extremely good price and a heated hose was included.Tthe FOR HER  model has more options and that is why I  bought it. I  don't know if I  will use the FOR HER  option. I suspect that my wife has sleep apnea and I am urging her to get tested, then I will let her have it.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DougM,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Airsense 10 Auto "For Her" and use the "For Her" settings. The algorithm is a softer setting in how it responds to apneas. I have a chronic lung disorder and this machine works better for me. However if you are a healthy male , with sleep apnea as your only issue a standard machine would suffice. If you are paying the same price though get the "For Her" as it looks a little less like a bit of medical kit in the room.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the most up to date AirSense 10 Autoset had both algorithms available (regardless if you buy the for her model or not)?  In my clinician menu, I can select "soft" or "standard" response - and it was my understanding that Soft = For Her's additional algorithm.  I could be mistaken though...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 1,004 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 983 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 597 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 477 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView Spartan 3 702 12-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,308 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch
  Mask Setting in ResMed AutoSense 10 xhwmikey 7 1,332 02-20-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.