Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there anyone here who doesn't care?
RE: Is there anyone here who doesn't care?
Thank you all for your replies, btw.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightflight you can do a lot even without a computer.
First you need to figure out EXACTLY which PRS1 you have. When you are awake remove the water tank and find the label on the bottom of the blower unit. It might be something like 260, 460, 560 with a couple letters before and after.
Now find out which mask you have, even if you have to call your supplier and ask.
Fill in the answers on your profile.
Then we can help you withe next step. You can learn how to tame the hose. When you do, your life will begin to improve.
Take it a step at a time and one day you will be helping the newbies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Living without treating sleep apnea does not end the chances of life getting worse. Living without treatment eliminates the chances of life ever getting better.

I have insomnia problems too. Some nights are worse than others. I take a prescription medication that I have reduced from two to one. I want to eliminate it completely. I have struggled in the last couple weeks with stressful issues and have considered going back to two pills but I am being tenacious. I am making it mind over matter. Don't let your frustration and attitude get in the way. That can be the biggest culprit with insomnia. Find some things to do before bed to relax. For me it is turning off the computer and staying away from all the drama that can be seen there. Reading a good book or watching a TV program that is relaxing ... not an exhilerating or disturbing program. This gets my mind off issues that have induced stress, thoughts of how long I might lay awake with insomnia, etc. If I do lay awake, I don't keep looking at the clock. I don't want to know what time it is and start fretting about how little sleep I will have before the alarm goes off.

Don't give up on treatment and don't give up on yourself. Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 11:19 AM)bwexler Wrote: Nightflight you can do a lot even without a computer.
First you need to figure out EXACTLY which PRS1 you have. When you are awake remove the water tank and find the label on the bottom of the blower unit. It might be something like 260, 460, 560 with a couple letters before and after.
Now find out which mask you have, even if you have to call your supplier and ask.
Fill in the answers on your profile.
Then we can help you withe next step. You can learn how to tame the hose. When you do, your life will begin to improve.
Take it a step at a time and one day you will be helping the newbies.

Okay I will do all that. I'm going to the supplier today to switch out machines, from the APAP to a CPAP. Not sure why they want me to do that though, I thought my numbers were inconclusive. I'm a little nervous that the new machine won't work as well, (and I have gotten some good results from my present machine).

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not familiar with your machine but others are and I am sure will chime in. My machine (Resmed S9 Autoset) is an auto machine but can be set to either CPAP or Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Living with CPAP is so much better than the alternative of dying from one of the associated medical conditions it causes or worses (e.g. hypertension, diabetes, heart disease).

For most people (almost everyone) living with CPAP is so much better than living without being treated and living with the associated tiredness, foggy head, memory problems, falling asleep uncontrollable (including while driving and maybe hurting others), etc.

I personally am the rare exception who did not experience the quality of life issue but do CPAP only for the long term improvement in my health, healthier organs and perhaps a longer and more comfortable life.

To be completely candid, I am also one of the reare people who actively enjoys using the machine and mask -- I would use it even if there were no quality of life OR long term health benefits.

Being able to pull the covers completely over my head and breath fresh air, having the pressure keep my nose open so my nose never stops up and I never wake up with a dry parched mouth, and there is no snoring to keep my wife awake easily offset the very small issue of wearing the almost entirely comfortable Airfit P10.

Just do the therapy and quite trying to find reasons to avoid it. You will be happier.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
If they didn't care, why exactly would they be posting here?

I'm just eight nights into my therapy, and even though I hadn't yet experienced any significant quality of life issues, the ONE I did experience was enough to assure me this is something I need to do. Occasionally, not often thankfully, I would start to nod off behind the wheel in broad daylight. You know how it is, sunny day leads to nice warm interior, leads to a little droop in the eyelids, leads to "Huh?what? OH sh*t!" That in conjunction with a significant family history of severe OSA (BOTH mom and dad), as well as heart disease and diabetes, convinced me that I needed to get to work on this to maintain my health and safety, the safety of the greater public, and for the sake of my young daughter. She's only seven and I'm all she's got, I owe it to myself to keep all my parts in good working order for as long as possible.

P.s. my P10 is light as a feather and unobtrusive as all get out ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
You know I find personally that "not caring" is usually just the frustration talking. Sometimes life gets frustrating and we say "who cares" and act for a time like we don't. But if you said you don't care then to some extent you must care. And the fact that you posted it here shows you care even more, because if you really didn't care you wouldn't take the time to post. So I'd say do what a lot of us do, take a deep breath, count to 10, and try and get teh frustration out of the way so you can get the treatment you need, and feel better. because from experience, when you feel better you will care more, and that is good. Wish you all the best!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, they gave me another APAP. They just wanted the other machine back because it had a transmitter on it; its what they use for new patients.

And what I mean by not caring, is not caring about dying from apnea. Living with it seems worse to me now.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's more likely that without CPAP treatment you would die from another associated medical condition, rather than from apnea itself. And trust me, dying of heart failure , stroke, or complications of diabetes is FAR worse than wearing a hose at night for the rest of my life.

Nightflight, I can hear your frustration, but there is a TON of help available here for you, to make this transition easier. And I must ask, because I hear this as well, are you being treated for depression?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 199 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 640 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Miserable Sleep 40+ Respiratory Rate, Doctor Doesn't Know Why SkylarBlue 14 1,251 10-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  This chart doesn't look good to me - What do you get from it? jimvs 4 560 08-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: jimvs
  My sleep is crap, doesn’t seem to be the machine, what to do? emmylouwho 36 3,074 07-25-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 853 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.