Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there anyone here who doesn't care?
RE: Is there anyone here who doesn't care?
(08-21-2014, 11:00 AM)RicaLynn Wrote: It's more likely that without CPAP treatment you would die from another associated medical condition, rather than from apnea itself. And trust me, dying of heart failure , stroke, or complications of diabetes is FAR worse than wearing a hose at night for the rest of my life.

Nightflight, I can hear your frustration, but there is a TON of help available here for you, to make this transition easier. And I must ask, because I hear this as well, are you being treated for depression?

I have to disagree on the dying thing. To go through the rest of my days feeling tired is a burden I can't handle. I've had some relief from the machine, but I am still tired. The thought of spending the rest of my days like this is a very heavy weight; its not like I had a lust for life in the first place.

No, I'm not being treated for depression. Been there done that.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 11:51 AM)nightflight Wrote: I have to disagree on the dying thing. To go through the rest of my days feeling tired is a burden I can't handle. I've had some relief from the machine, but I am still tired. The thought of spending the rest of my days like this is a very heavy weight; its not like I had a lust for life in the first place.

No, I'm not being treated for depression. Been there done that.

Well Nightflight, I think maybe you should consider doing that again.

And I think you need to stop dwelling about how crummy you feel and do something about it. You have said you cannot download the software and learn how to use it because you don't have a computer. They're pretty cheap now, especially compared to funeral costs, so get one.

At the very least learn to read the displays on the machine so you can find out how your apneas are doing, what your pressure and leak numbers are, and all that. With that data there are lots of people around here that might be able to really help you. But right now we're all just shooting in the dark.

So how about it? Are you ready to see your life turn around? It can happen, but it is you that will have to make it happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
^^^retired_guy is a pretty smart fella. If you've had some relief from CPAP that indicates it does work, it may just need some tweaking which we can help with. I haven't downloaded any software yet either, but the support in this forum and a couple others has steered me in the direction I needed to go to get the most out of my machine. And untreated depression is nearly as fatal as untreated OSA, only more swiftly.

I agree with rg, you need to rethink getting treatment for depression. I know all too well how much that a**h*le lies and tells you it's not worth it, keeps you in bed all damn day until you're left wondering what's the point. The point is, it LIES, life IS worth it, and there's more to it than trying to get rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprisingly enough I agree with RG too. I'm surprised he hasn't offered you a puppy to bring up your spirits! retired Guy get a puppy ready! It's an Emergency!!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP treatment actually changed my life, and for the better. I'd feel pretty horrible if I had to live without it, but using the machine while I'm asleep is really no hassle at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 10:06 PM)Galactus Wrote: Surprisingly enough I agree with RG too. I'm surprised he hasn't offered you a puppy to bring up your spirits! retired Guy get a puppy ready! It's an Emergency!!
Recently, at age 75, we got a puppy named Buddy. Now we are committed to staying alive at least another 15 years. Whatever it takes...

Post Reply Post Reply
All joking aside? Sometimes my dogs are the only reason why I have a good day. Too many bad days in a row is not good, or fun. My dogs really do lift my spirits.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 10:06 PM)Galactus Wrote: Surprisingly enough I agree with RG too.

What's surprising about that? You ALWAYS agree with me..... Well, you always agree with me sometimes................

(08-22-2014, 12:38 PM)Peter_C Wrote: All joking aside? Sometimes my dogs are the only reason why I have a good day. Too many bad days in a row is not good, or fun. My dogs really do lift my spirits.

Yes. Absolutely. Whether it's a dog or even a miserable cat to love there is nothing that can remove the bad energy from you like the love of an animal. You cannot hold and care for a little furry one and still be depressed. Not even the terrorist puppies such as mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can honestly see the getting of a dog (maybe even a cat) to have a reason to exist, to get out of bed every day, and even as the primary reason to stick around day after day.

With my PT/rehab I am going through a bad patch right now (good light in the distance) - but the last couple of years it's a real question if I had more good or more bad days. I am not about to throw in the towel until and unless "they" run out of ideas/surgeries/etc to try on me - but my dogs (and my wife of course) help me minute by minute - and I could not see life without either.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 637 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Miserable Sleep 40+ Respiratory Rate, Doctor Doesn't Know Why SkylarBlue 14 1,251 10-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  This chart doesn't look good to me - What do you get from it? jimvs 4 560 08-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: jimvs
  My sleep is crap, doesn’t seem to be the machine, what to do? emmylouwho 36 3,072 07-25-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 852 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.