Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this CPAP machine (AirSense10) on Amazon legit?
Is this CPAP machine (AirSense10) on Amazon legit?
As a new user I cannot post links. But there are CPAP machines sold on Amazon by third parties that a lot cheaper than on Supplier #1, Link Removed and they don't require prescription. Search ResMed AirSense 10 on Amazon and you'll see. Is it OK to buy the CPAP machine there? Would it be new or refurbished?

Thanks!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this CPAP machine (AirSense10) on Amazon legit?
Welcome to the forum mas.medi!  Welcome

I bought my ResMed A10 auto on Amazon for around $600.00. It was a new machine in a factory sealed box and had zero hours on it.

Linking to commercial sites isn’t allowed on the forum. Giving the seller’s/storefront name, as long as it doesn’t have .com, etc. in it, and the product name/description instead so interested members can search for them is the accepted way.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see Sistemma back on Amazon. Prices now are actually quite a bit higher than they were a couple years ago. Regarding your question, the machines sold by MedGuru, Sistemma, Arizona Retail and others on Amazon are all legit and protected purchases. Many members have sourced machines there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 08:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nice to see Sistemma back on Amazon. Prices now are actually quite a bit higher than they were a couple years ago.  Regarding your question, the machines sold by MedGuru, Sistemma, Arizona Retail and others on Amazon are all legit and protected purchases.  Many members have sourced machines there.

Sistemma is off of Amazon again.The Arizona Retailer's Association is also Sistemma, and they are off of Amazon, too. (I can't help but wondering if ResMed is playing Wac-A-Mole trying to stamp out retailers who aren't following the advertised price minimum of $883.) Sistemma also has an on-line storefront off of amazon under a different name.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm certain the manufacturers have focused efforts on Amazon to prevent listings of machines and other prescription items and probably have threatened the retailers. Some machines continue to show up, but prices are higher now. No more Autosets in the low $500 range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought a Dreamstation auto for under $400 on Amazon.  It was brand new and 0 hours.  My Dreamstation Pro (cpap with data) cost me out of pocket $450 with insurance.

I also bought a Dreamwear nasal cushion mask with fit pack for $53-- also brand new and sealed.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problems with my Airsense 10, new, from Medguru and via Amazon last August. I paid $485 — and it was about $15-20 cheaper a couple of weeks earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about warranty on these purchases?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2018, 04:28 PM)ycsi Wrote: What about warranty on these purchases?

Therein lies the rub, and something that I'm also having to consider. From what else I've read in the forum, ResMed machines have to be sent to the DME for warranty repair, not to ResMed Directly.

However, that's an issue that cuts both ways. For example, Kaiser patients with no DME coverage can buy from Kaiser's supplier, Apria - the DME everybody hates - and get an extended 4 year warranty. But everything I've read about Apria suggests that trying to get the machine fixed through them would be a challenge.

One of the former Amazon sellers, according to reports here on the forum, has been good about customer service, and now sells as "Get In Shape" on the ecrater sales platform. I have no idea how long he'll remain in business, but it's probably a safe bet he's got better customer service than Apria for the initial sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the sellers have warranty service. You can contact them before a purchase to verify their procedures. Most of the sellers are either DMEs or distributors and can handle warranty claims.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 299 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,722 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.