Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this CSA? - need help
RE: Is this CSA? - need help
slept with the wellue ring overnight. Attched screenshot with details.

That 35 heart rate and 88 spo2 is really getting me worried. 

looks like I was below 90 spo2 for 20s. Maybe I have a heart disease?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your lowest was 88%, so you came up to the threshold but didn't go over it. Since it occurred at one point on one night, I wouldn't be concerned. Remember, one night does not make a trend. Continue using your oximeter to establish a better overall picture. Also, my pulse typically goes down to the mid 30s during sleep because of taking Beta Blockers. You may wish to show your prescribing physician your chart. The doctor may wish to try you on something else, if you can tolerate it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But I don't use any medications. Beta Blockers or otherwise.

Been reading up on bradycardia to understand what's going on. Neither me or anyone in the family has had a heart disease before.

I have had low heart rate for 2 weeks now (below 55 constantly). Didn't measure the heart rate before that though. But I constantly feel dizzy. Also I havent had a full nights sleep in the past 2 weeks .
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2021, 05:25 PM)sleephd Wrote: But I don't use any medications. Beta Blockers or otherwise.

Been reading up on bradycardia to understand what's going on. Neither me or anyone in the family has had a heart disease before.

I have had low heart rate for 2 weeks now (below 55 constantly). Didn't measure the heart rate before that though. But I constantly feel dizzy. Also I havent had a full nights sleep in the past 2 weeks .

Are you physically active at all? Back when I used to train for triathlon my resting HR was around 50 and would dip lower while sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
run couple of miles a week. with recent health condition have hardly worked out in the last two weeks.

I am 5.6 and 160 lbs.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife some years ago, went in to see her PCP because she was feeling "wonky". Doc goes how do I diagnose wonky so started with the basics, ABC,
Ordered a std EKG 12 lead and came back with an obviously bad pulse of 36. Checked all the connections and sure enough, another 36. Asked her the question " how did you get here?". Response "I drove", the next question was "You WHAT!!!???". The cardiologist diagnosed a 3rd degree block and a pace maker the next morning (her pulse returned to normal).
The bottom line is this could be very serious so get it checked out
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah kinda what I am dreading. 

When I walk my pulse is 60-61. my age is 38. I would have hoped for a much higher pulse I suppose.

May I ask - what tests did they run to determine a 3rd a degree block?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mostly examining the electro physical results of the 12 lead
Post Reply Post Reply
On the SpO2, if you're at or below 88% for 6 or more minutes, you'll very likely need supplemental oxygen.

Not saying you do need it, but that's the medical measurement requirement.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks. yeah I had similar episode 2 weeks back, I went to ER and stayed overnight. The discharged me saying I have Sinus Bradycardia which is supposedly normal because the continuous EKG for 18 hours didn't show any other abnormality (besides a low heart rate.. I touched 39 when I was sleeping)

After this I turned my head towards sleep apnea.

Lets see where do I end up with this. I am visiting a cardiologist next week and awaiting a call for the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.