Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this Cheyne-Stokes?
Is this Cheyne-Stokes?
Is this what Cheyne-Stokes respiration looks like?

[Image: deh5.png]
[Image: m5k.png]
[Image: 5cp1.png]
[Image: 07v2.png][Image: e99o.png]

I'm afraid I need a BPAP machine for my central apneas... What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this Cheyne-Stokes?
I would suggest that you download your data in ResScan too and see what it shows.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 6ifg.png]
[Image: hk3a.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
looks like you had a lot of events. Can you post the statistics from ResScan?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure. These are the days I slept with my mother's S9.

[Image: g3d5.png]

And these are the latest stats of the machine I am currently sleeping with. The hospital gave it to me for 3 nights to complete the auto-titration at home.

[Image: m172.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Nobody knows? :/
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2013, 01:58 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Nobody knows? :/

I don't know. Is it possible for you to talk to your doctor about this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is. But my appointment for today was postponed, so I'll have to wait until next week.

On the other hand, I think the total AHI is too low (less than 5) for the central apneas to matter at all. I'm sure they won't prescribe an ASV to lower the AHI from 4 to 0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2013, 07:21 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Yes, it is. But my appointment for today was postponed, so I'll have to wait until next week.

On the other hand, I think the total AHI is too low (less than 5) for the central apneas to matter at all. I'm sure they won't prescribe an ASV to lower the AHI from 4 to 0.

If you are really concerned, especially since you wont be seen until next week, ask 2 talk 2 the nurse or have your doc call you 2day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm shy... I'm not even sure what I'm looking at! Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 242 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 291 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need advice - Clear Airway Apnea and Cheyne Stokes skiphudspeth 7 632 12-31-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,220 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.