Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?
Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?

I'm scheduled for a sleep study but I thought in the meantime I'd get a sleep monitor that monitors my blood oxygen levels, pulse and movements while sleeping.  There are brief dips in my O2 levels usually preceded by a faster pulse and movement.  They're not extreme but I wonder if they are interrupting my sleep and if they're caused by a cessation of breathing.  At first glance I thought the dips in O2 saturation weren't extreme enough to cause issues but then I saw a normal reading from this device and there are no dips in O2 levels at all.  The graph is just flat.

The reason I suspected I might have central sleep apnea in the first place is that I usually wake up with a dull headache which often gets worse as the day goes on, I feel tired every single day, I never feel rested after a full night's sleep and I think I sometimes wake up in the middle of taking a deep breath (difficult to tell though as it's that strange period in between being asleep and awake).

I recorded myself sleeping for several nights and I don't snore at all.

Every other test I've had done has come back completely normal from vitamins to thyroid to liver function.  I live a pretty healthy lifestyle.

Would really appreciate anyone's insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?
Welcome to AB.

Because you said possibly central Apnea I'll say yes. Desats may or may not be a result of apnea but there is nothing there to say that you have or do not have apnea.

Your sleep rest will do that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,524 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 356 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.