Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?
Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?

I'm scheduled for a sleep study but I thought in the meantime I'd get a sleep monitor that monitors my blood oxygen levels, pulse and movements while sleeping.  There are brief dips in my O2 levels usually preceded by a faster pulse and movement.  They're not extreme but I wonder if they are interrupting my sleep and if they're caused by a cessation of breathing.  At first glance I thought the dips in O2 saturation weren't extreme enough to cause issues but then I saw a normal reading from this device and there are no dips in O2 levels at all.  The graph is just flat.

The reason I suspected I might have central sleep apnea in the first place is that I usually wake up with a dull headache which often gets worse as the day goes on, I feel tired every single day, I never feel rested after a full night's sleep and I think I sometimes wake up in the middle of taking a deep breath (difficult to tell though as it's that strange period in between being asleep and awake).

I recorded myself sleeping for several nights and I don't snore at all.

Every other test I've had done has come back completely normal from vitamins to thyroid to liver function.  I live a pretty healthy lifestyle.

Would really appreciate anyone's insight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Is this Possibly Central Sleep Apnea?
Welcome to AB.

Because you said possibly central Apnea I'll say yes. Desats may or may not be a result of apnea but there is nothing there to say that you have or do not have apnea.

Your sleep rest will do that.
Gideon - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central question Deamo 3 115 8 hours ago
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Hello Everyone New guy to sleep apnea. Booger68 14 268 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea [Treatment] ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea JoeyWallaby 167 7,527 Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 23 367 Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Last Post: happydreams
Money [Equipment] Finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I need advise on what equipment to get. xProtify 20 460 Yesterday, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central apnea Deamo 7 93 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] Central apneas can depend on the sleeping position? kurata 14 413 Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.