Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this a S9 SD card
Is this a S9 SD card
I was going to use Oscar for the first time and saw the warning about locking the card if it's a S9 SD card. Here's what mine says on it:

Philips
Resperonics
Reorder # 1063859 Lexar

Am I good to go?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this a S9 SD card
CPAP manufacturers don't make SD cards.  That is an electronic industry item.  Anyone can stick a label on an SD card, saying anything.  In reality, an SD card is an SD card is an SD card.   If you are going to use a card that has been previously used, format it (FAT32), then insert in the S9 to have the proper files written to it.   The S9 has one quirk.  It DOES NOT LIKE any other file residing on the SD card other than the Resmed's.  For this reason, make sure that you have it Write-Enabled only when it is in the S9.  Any other time have it Write-Protected.  Also, some newer USB SD card readers do not use a sensor for checking if it is write-protected.   Depending on your computer's O/S, it may write stuff to the card.  You will know that your computer has written extra files if after reinserting back in the S9, it displays a statement about needing to format the card. If so, report back here, and we will try and provide a workaround.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 09:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CPAP manufacturers don't make SD cards.  That is an electronic industry item.  Anyone can stick a label on an SD card, saying anything.  In reality, an SD card is an SD card is an SD card.   If you are going to use a card that has been previously used, format it (FAT32), then insert in the S9 to have the proper files written to it.   The S9 has one quirk.  It DOES NOT LIKE any other file residing on the SD card other than the Resmed's.  For this reason, make sure that you have it Write-Enabled only when it is in the S9.  Any other time have it Write-Protected.  Also, some newer USB SD card readers do not use a sensor for checking if it is write-protected.   Depending on your computer's O/S, it may write stuff to the card.  You will know that your computer has written extra files if after reinserting back in the S9, it displays a statement about needing to format the card.  If so, report back here, and we will try and provide a workaround.

UUUUMMMMM.....I really have no idea what you're talking about. Is that a yes or no??? Per the warning.....if it is a S9 card there will be problems. 

It's Windows OS on a Lenovo laptop

So what your saying is, you don't know what kind of card I have, but go ahead and give it a try???? And if there is a problem, you'll have a work around???
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don’t have a Resmed S9 machine you don’t need to worry about write protecting the card. For all machines the switch needs to be pushed toward the edge connector when you insert it or the machine can’t write data to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, what I said is all SD cards are the same. You show a Philips in your profile, but are asking about a Resmed S9. Which one are you using? I will wait for a reply before going any further.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 09:36 AM)Makai1959 Wrote: I was going to use Oscar for the first time and saw the warning about locking the card if it's a S9 SD card. Here's what mine says on it:

Philips
Resperonics
Reorder # 1063859 Lexar

Am I good to go?

Thanks

The warning was Referring to an S9 Cpap machine, not an S9 SD card. There is no such thing as an S9 SD card.

Just ignore the warning as you appear to be using a Phillips Respironics.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 05:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: No, what I said is all SD cards are the same.  You show a Philips in your profile, but are asking about a Resmed S9.  Which one are you using?  I will wait for a reply before going any further.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. That's why I'm here and appreciate the help. It is a Phillips Machine. I live remotely on a Indian Reservation and don't need issues witrh my machine,  thus my caution.

I'll now go and download the SD onto Oscar.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the screen shots from my machine. 

See the thread>>>> New study and Machine

Thanks folks  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies for not understanding your original question.  I understood your question to be, you had an SD card that was used in a Philips CPAP and you wanted to use it in a Resmed S9.

Sorry! Confused
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Be aware that your Philips machine is under recall
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.